What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AirFlow Performane FM150C

Carl Froehlich

Well Known Member
A while back I replaced the stock AVSTAR fuel manager with the new AirFlow Performance FM150C on my IO-360-M1B. I can report gains in performance (reduced takeoff roll and a knot or two more in LOP cruise as compared to the AVSTAR at the same fuel flow).

Don at AFP recently sent me the production version of his Mixture Linkage kit for the FM-150C to verify fit up. It is a very well thought out system that includes every needed nut and bolt, along with straight forward install instructions.

Even with the RV-8 quadrant the mixture control is very smooth with this install, and has a good throw in the cabin so guys like me that carefully tweak LOP mixture will be happy.

I recommend everyone ordering or who have on order a four cylinder horizontal injection engine consider specifying the FM-150C system. Note - the IO-390-EXP19 only comes the the larger AFP FM-200.

This photo shows the mixture linkage - at the top you can see the connecting rod that goes to the mixture cable. The mixture cable itself uses the standard Van’s cable bracket - as does the throttle cable.

Carl

A67-AC102-C247-4-B35-9-DC7-D392011-FFEA3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the write up Carl. I will have the exact same set up in a couple of months. Looks like Don nailed it. No more blisters on the cowl!

Back