What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plug and play replacement for TruTrak Digiflight II?

moespeeds

Well Known Member
Friend
I have a TruTrak Digiflight II which seems to be working fine, but the screen is washed out and it's tough to read during the day. Is there a plug and play replacement for these that will drop in the same hole, and use the same wiring?

Currently have it setup to follow my AFS 4500

Attachments

• PXL_20220218_205125295.jpg
    PXL_20220218_205125295.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 96
I had a II VGVS that I replaced with a then Vizion (I forget what BK calls that box now) and TT included a patch cord that made it plug and play to existing wiring.

I had a II VGVS that I replaced with a then Vizion (I forget what BK calls that box now) and TT included a patch cord that made it plug and play to existing wiring.
Prior to BK I replaced my Digiflight II with the vizion. It was 100% plug and play swap. Sorry to say I have no knowledge as to what BK is doing with the Vizion but I would hope they are still providing that unit.

TT DII VS

I have a TT DII VS on the shelf (left over after installing a Vizion 385)
It might be plug and play. Make offer.

Rolf
RV6 N9EY

XCruze 100

Just replaced the Digiflight II in my -6 due to the screen going bad.

XCruze 100 is almost a plug and play replacement if yours isn’t really old. First generation had soldered pins, later they went to crimps. Only change was moving the power pin in the connector from 6 to 19. Everything else is the same. Just input your old settings and good to go - after proper ground and flight testing, of course.

If your connector is soldered give Jesse Saint (Saint Aviation) a call, he can put short wiring connector together for you.

It’s a nice little upgrade with the altitude preset. You can add the straight and level button with 2 wires.

Last edited:
I have a TruTrak Digiflight II which seems to be working fine, but the screen is washed out and it's tough to read during the day.

You might have tried this already, but if not this may help with the screen washout.

This is from the Digiflight II manual:

Contrast Adjustment
The Digiflight II contrast should only be adjusted while on the ground. To enter the contrast adjust mode, with the autopilot powered off, push and hold the encoder knob in. Turn on the power to the autopilot, and after 1 second release the knob. The display will show the current contrast setting.
Rotate the knob to select the desired contrast ratio. Repeat for MIN light setting. Too low a number and the words will fade out on the display, and too high a number the background will become dark, and the text unreadable. To exit, press and release the encoder knob.

Also, there is an eye on the top left of the round Digiflight II units that automatically dims the screen for night use when the environment is dark. In daylight it dims the unit when your hand gets near the eye, which causes the screen to dim and appear to washout. The same thing happens with the new xCruze models.

I hope this helps.

Keith

Extra Wire Pair

I have a TruTrak Digiflight II which seems to be working fine, but the screen is washed out and it's tough to read during the day. Is there a plug and play replacement for these that will drop in the same hole, and use the same wiring?

Currently have it setup to follow my AFS 4500

I also replaced a Digi II with an xCruze 100, literally just after the acquisition by B-K. As noted above, only a couple of pins need to be moved. However, like another poster, I was sent a "adapter cable" that made it almost plug-n-play. The adapter cable had one extra pair of wires, perhaps 3' long or so. No info was provided as to what those were for. As it turns out, the xCruze has an "Emergency Level" feature. Owner's option whether to add a momentary switch for that feature somewhere on the panel, or just leave the wires coiled for later use if desired.

Presumably related to the recent organizational changes, there was no manual available for the xCruze at the time. That made figuring out how to access the settings menu a challenge, in addition to not knowing about the emergency level feature noted above. Tech support at B-K wasn't yet up to speed. Ultimately, I figured it out and the unit has performed well. I did find that settings were different (slightly) between the two units--not surprising.

So the Xcruze 100 will use the same servos from my Digiflight II? When I power up my Digiflight, it shows "DIIVSG V2.22"

Yes, the servos are the same. The only wiring difference is that in the xCruze pins 1 and 2 are no longer the pitch servo reverse. They are the emergency level button. The power wire also moves to pin 19.

Thank you!

Anyone have a reputable vendor where I can just buy the AP head without the servos? AS sells the whole kit, servos and all for $2500+

I found just the head on "Allavionics.com" but when I called it seems kinds shady and the guy hung up when I asked the price. Website say $772 but when you put in in your cart it goes up to $950+

Anyone have a reputable vendor where I can just buy the AP head without the servos? AS sells the whole kit, servos and all for $2500+

Aircraft Spruce Part# 11-17916 is the Xcruze 100 Autopilot Computer - 2" Round, @ $956.00 (search the part number and it will come up)

If you are interested, I have one that I'm not going to use, purchased new from ACS.

Aircraft Spruce Part# 11-17916 is the Xcruze 100 Autopilot Computer - 2" Round, @ $956.00 (search the part number and it will come up)

If you are interested, I have one that I'm not going to use, purchased new from ACS.

Man I would have bought this off you, but just placed an order from Allavionics, they had one in stock. ACS was out.

Turns out the order I placed was rejected and they don't actually have any in stock. I would like to purchase yours if it's still available. Please check your PMs.

Back