What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisubmarine Attachment

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Am I missing a component of this? There are two holes in the flanges (yellow arrows) where the crotch strap attaches, but the belts I have seen advertised, and the belt I purchased (Crow) only has one attachment point. Is there an intermediate part that goes between the flanges and the chrome tab on the end of the belt?

Or, do I have to fabricate something? Or, does the belt just attach to one of the holes?

Seat Belt Crotch Attach.jpg

Seat Belt Attach Tab.jpg

Last edited:
Use the outboard hole for the crotch strap anchor point. It should be the one that lines up with the stick/stick-base.

Should there be an intermediate shim or something to prevent the two plates from compressing?

Dave

On mine, the belt anchor is 0.125" thick and the gap between the two flanges where the belt attachment resides is the same. The gap at the top is wider to allow for the belt, when folded over the anchor, to fit. So, unless the anchor used is thinner than 0.125", a shim should not be necessary.

The left and the right anchor plates are identical so you can’t get them mixed up. Either set works on either side. Use the outboard hole for your belt. Slip it down between the two plates and insert the bolt. If it seems a little loose, it will squeeze down adequately when you tighten the nut on the bolt.

Last edited:
Racing

Funny. I knew what Scott was asking. We both drove race cars. Without that strap, you quite literally turn into a submarine if something goes South. :D
Old racing term.

And for My Next Question.....

Did Van's put two holes in those webs that house the anchor in case a belt anchor had two holes? I've never seen one like that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Not left or right

Did Van's put two holes in those webs that house the anchor in case a belt anchor had two holes? I've never seen one like that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The two holes are so there is not a left and right bracket. Each side uses the outer one according to the posters above.

Back