What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gear leg stiffeners

Good morning all. I am expecting to take delivery of an RV9 this weekend and have been doing quite a bit of reading on these. I am expecting to want the gear leg stiffeners. They don't appear to be available anymore from the Flyboy, but possibly from Woodman Rog. But am not having any luck getting in touch with him. Does anyone have any current contact info for Rog? Thanks Gary

Last edited:
I have a new unused woodman set still in the box that I won’t be using. Any fair price is good.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Stiffeners

Hi Don I am interested. I tried to send a private message, not sure if went through. Let me know if you didn't receive a message from me and I'll try again. Thanks Gary

Mine stiffeners are two pieces of door trim, bonded to the leg with epoxy, and then wrapped with wetted out fiberglass cloth, barber pole style. Painted over it with exterior latex house paint before installing the brake lines.
No shimmy at all and the stiffeners line up well with the fairings.

Stiffeners

Hi Don I am interested. I tried to send a private message, not sure if went through. Let me know if you didn't receive a message from me and I'll try again. Thanks Gary

Back