What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

From rv10mans daughter

RV10Man

Well Known Member
Hi, all,

It was brought to my attention by some family friends that this was posted today about scammers using rv10mans account. I am his daughter, and we have not posted anything for sale on this site. I figured out how to log into his account this morning and have changed his email and password as well as messaged admin about this issue. It seems a lot of his accounts are being hacked recently unfortunately.

I apologize if anyone has been scammed with my dad’s account, but he passed away September 17. See his obit: https://www.bffuneralhome.com/obituaries/Marshall-Alexander?obId=22396391#/obituaryInfo

Thank you,

Michela

This was buried in another thread, and I moved it to its own for folks (like me) who had missed the sad news of Marshall’s passing. We only interacted a few times, but every one of those events was like meeting an old friend. Years ago, he heard that Louise and I didn’t have a place to stay for a couple nights at OSH before the show started, and he dropped me a note saying that his fifth wheel was sitting empty at Sleepy Hollow those nights, and we sure better stay there than in a tent in the rain!

Great guy - I will always be sad that he is no longer on the planet….

Paul

Thank you Michela. How very kind of you to think of others at a time when you are missing your Dad.

Sorry to hear about Marshall, being local I spoke with him early on in my 10 build. He will be missed!

This was buried in another thread, and I moved it to its own for folks (like me) who had missed the sad news of Marshall’s passing. We only interacted a few times, but every one of those events was like meeting an old friend. Years ago, he heard that Louise and I didn’t have a place to stay for a couple nights at OSH before the show started, and he dropped me a note saying that his fifth wheel was sitting empty at Sleepy Hollow those nights, and we sure better stay there than in a tent in the rain!

Great guy - I will always be sad that he is no longer on the planet….

Paul

Paul, I remember this! What a great time!!

Also, thanks for moving the post as needed. I was shocked this morning when I got a message about what’s going on.

I believe I mentioned in another post, but also want to include it here… Mitchell Alexander, Marshall’s twin brother, passed about week after him. Obit here: https://www.johnirelandfuneralhome.com/obituary/Mitchell-Alexander. I don’t know if he was active in the group, and I don’t know what his username would be. He loved his 9a!

-Michela

Paul, I remember this! What a great time!!

Also, thanks for moving the post as needed. I was shocked this morning when I got a message about what’s going on.

I believe I mentioned in another post, but also want to include it here… Mitchell Alexander, Marshall’s twin brother, passed about week after him. Obit here: https://www.johnirelandfuneralhome.com/obituary/Mitchell-Alexander. I don’t know if he was active in the group, and I don’t know what his username would be. He loved his 9a!

-Michela

Michela I am so sorry to hear this! I met Marshall and Mitchell this summer at Oshkosh. They were kind enough to let me borrow a canopy cover for the entire week since I didn't have one in time. Both of these men were insanely nice and pleasant to talk to! Very sad to hear this.

Hi Michela,

I am amazed at the waves of sadness that I feel every time I think of your father and Mitchell... The acts of kindness that the other spoke of here seems so typical of what I would expect of them. To others that are reading this post I learned to know Marshall and Mitchell during the course of buying an RV10 empanage off of them. My wife and I spent a few short hours with them and learned to love them in that time. I was really hoping for the chance to get to know them better during the course of the build. They also volunteered to help us find a spot at Oshkosh this past year. When I saw that someone was using the RV10man handle as a scammer, I was amazed and jolted by the juxtaposition of the scammers evil against the cheerful good nature of both Marshal and Mitchell and i was saddened. Thats probably enough emotional blubber...I hope you and the family are doing well. I keep listening to the scanner for your voice on the Skywest flight into KSHD. 😏 Blessings, Ken

Back