What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Europe FFI Meeting 2021

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Last edited:
Luca that’s fantastic! Do y’all have FFI flight leads out there? FFI was home-grown here in Texas by Stu Mccurdy and other former military pilots to instill standardization, discipline, and safety into RV (and other) aircraft and pilots for formation flying. It has grown nation-wide and, now, internationally. As an FFI flight lead, I’m thrilled to see FFI standards making it across the pond.
Nice station-keeping by all the pilots. Well done!

PS: I’m certain I misspelled Col. Stu’s last name. No disrespect intended.

Last edited:
Hi Scroll, thank you for your message. We arranged things in a conservative path, Tobias Treichel (our chief ;)) went to Paul Rosales for initial training, two years ago we invited Steve Paine and Stephen Christopher as instructors. Now we're working under the 'be safe, have fun' motto, and things are growing up. Maybe we'll meet one day :)

Luca that’s fantastic! Do y’all have FFI flight leads out there? FFI was home-grown here in Texas by Stu Mccurdy and other former military pilots to instill standardization, discipline, and safety into RV (and other) aircraft and pilots for formation flying. It has grown nation-wide and, now, internationally. As an FFI flight lead, I’m thrilled to see FFI standards making it across the pond.
Nice station-keeping by all the pilots. Well done!

PS: I’m certain I misspelled Col. Stu’s last name. No disrespect intended.

ah, the beautiful country and people, and with the best food in the world!

Last edited:
Back