What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone going to Reno?

Jimmy Cox

I'm at the Reno air Races as a volunteer on the ramp for Sport class. If anyone wants talk James Aircraft cowlings etc let me know.

Leaving Friday morning to catch the second half of the Friday races, plus Sat/Sun.

It's amazing to me that the top 3 qualifiers in the Sport Class fit between the #1 and #2 qualifiers in the Unlimited Class. We are seeing the death of the Unlimiteds.

We should be there Friday and Saturday. I'll want to bend your ear with some cowling questions!

I'm surprised they haven't figured out an RV class. No, I don't have any bright ideas on the rules or restrictions for such a class. I just know there's 10,000+ out there in the hands of pilots that like to go fast.

Give me a call at 512-429-0230 or see me on the ramp with a yellow safety vest on. I will be around the sport classs area.

We’re in and out up there most of the week - usually a few hours each day. Just look for “Kitplanes” shirts…..

I'm disappointed they're not live streaming it this year. They did before and it was excellent. I'd even pay to watch.

I'll be there Thursday - Saturday.
Anyone got any good tips for parking the rental car?
Any other general tips or suggestions would be welcome, already have the Pit Pass.
Thanks

We'll be arriving Saturday and departing on Monday. Two years ago we parked our rental car in the church lot down the block from the main gate. IIRC it was $15 per day. Cash only.

I'm disappointed they're not live streaming it this year. They did before and it was excellent. I'd even pay to watch.

There will be a stream. Watch the race organizations YouTube or Facebook pages. They recently posted that they will be streaming, with a warning not to be fooled by some scammers offering paid access.

I'm surprised they haven't figured out an RV class. No, I don't have any bright ideas on the rules or restrictions for such a class. I just know there's 10,000+ out there in the hands of pilots that like to go fast.

Since I'm building a 12 I have dreamed of a 12 only class. It would be like the homebuilt grass roots version of the T-6 class. A bunch of slow stock airplanes with very similar performance. It could be an underclass that lead to more Sport pilots down the road. Unfortunately I think the aerobatic limitations keep that from ever being any kind of reality.

We'll be arriving Saturday and departing on Monday. Two years ago we parked our rental car in the church lot down the block from the main gate. IIRC it was $15 per day. Cash only.

Boy Scouts have a $20 lot, church used to be $15.

Here is a screen capture I just took, the live feed is running and RV's are racing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.29.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.29.33 AM.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 77
Back