What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The new Borrowed Horse

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
My new RV8 has flown. July 12, 2021…No Runs, No Drips, No Errors!!!

July 12 is a milestone,, for me.
My RV6 flew same day, July 12, 2000.
Danny Kings Beautiful Doll first flight was July 12, 2000
History repeats….

No clue how to add a picture, but,,,, it looks like an unpainted RV8 with old style wing tips…..
It has New,,, YO-180 A1A. Blended airfoil Hartzell. Garmin G3X. 10”, 345 Transponder, GTR 200 com. With a Garmin 660 mounted in panel dock. Plenty pictures on Face Book. Vans builders group……
QB kit. 14 months start to flying,,, didn’t say finished… painting will take a while….gotta wait in line..

It flys fine. I’m seeing 163 knots indicated at 3000 Ft. 75 percent power. I have pants and gear fairings installed. 1072 lbs. Grove airfoil gear. Wheels and breaks.

Now, gotta finish a 14a,

Last edited:
My new RV8 has flown. No clue how to add a picture, but,,,, it looks like an unpainted RV8 with old style wing tips…..
It has New,,, YO-180 A1A. Blended airfoil Hartzell. Garmin G3X. 10”, 345 Transponder, GTR 200 com. With a Garmin 660 mounted in panel dock.
QB kit. 14 months start to flying,,, didn’t say finished… painting will take a while….gotta wait in line..
It flys fine. I’m seeing 163 knots indicated at 3000 Ft. I have pants and gear fairings installed. 1072 lbs. Grove airfoil gear. Wheels and breaks.

Now, gotta finish a 14a,

Jay's new RV8 pics from his FB posting:

01A.jpg 01B.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Congratulations again Jay

You do amazing work and you don’t take your time about it. You are the RV man!

Congratulations on getting your next Borrowed Horse flying. I wish I could build as quickly as you do! Come visit us when you get your time flown off.

Looks good Jay!

I can attest that Jay was sniffing around for another RV8 not long after he let the last one go. He sniffed my direction for a moment, but I knew he would be back in the saddle in a jiffy.

Carlos!

Carlos, you are the man. Pictures from F Book. Cool.
Thank You.
I got a customers 14a going, it’s well along. Doing baffling and wiring, should fly this fall.
Only have a few flights on my new,,,, ‘Borrowed Horse’ too busy with the 14a. Trying to press on it and still go to Oshkosh. The 40 hours won’t get done so we are flying the C180 again this year. It’s fun to hear the comments about it at Oshkosh,,, like “how did that Spam can get in Home Built Camping?” We have volunteered there for 7 years now and have privileges.
Hope to see a lot of you soon. At Oshkosh.
I’m thinking fo Getting a Harley Davidson for around my airport. Paul Poberezny had one,, to go with his Mustang .. I’m not getting a Mustang,,,,

Last edited:
You're my hero Jay. Motivation and results!

Can I ask what the display is to the left of the large Garmin?

Well done, Jay. Did you say you're flying the new Horse out to OSH? We'll see you there.

So happy for my buddy Jaybird!!!

Way to go Jay. I heard at our airport that you did your first flight a couple days back. Wish I had been there, but 'ol busy life keeps interrupting <g>.

Sure am happy for you pleased to see pics of the 'new' Borrowed Horse.

v/r,dr

Borrowed Horse

Dang! Already got it flying! Congrats! I want to know where you got the cup holders. I want just one!

Back