What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Box Placements

BlackhawkSP

Well Known Member
Hi RV-8 folks. I owned an RV Super 8 for years and did lots of mods to the panel and avionics, but sold it after many years of fun flying. I built an RV-10 that I love with an all Garmin G3X Touch panel, GTN-650 IFR navigator, etc, etc.. Now I just recently started on helping out with a hangar mate's RV-8 panel and I had a few questions about where you may have placed the boxes behind the panel. This build will have a 10 inch screen, the ADHARS, a 245 intercom, a remote GPS, and some backup gauges in the panel. Where did you 8 folks place the GMU 11, and the GTX 45R in your plane? Any info and/or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any info:).....

G3X Box placement

Hi Larry-

PM me your email and I can send you pix, descriptions & I also have GMU11 bracket for wing I’m not going to use.

Warm regards,

Make a shelf like this. The G3X display is pretty shallow, so you can put a lot behind it. Watch the avionics though. They can be deep. I put the GMU on the rear deck under the VS.

Attachments

• shelf.jpg
    shelf.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Back