What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14A to Savannah Georgia on Nov 15

Lemos

I need my 14A brought to Savannah from S California on Nov 15 to arrive on November 16.

MUST have:
1000 hours TT. 100 documented RV14A hours with independent verification available.
Experience flying cross country

Expenses will be paid + $200 per day.

I have done that trip in my RV7 but in summer time. In winter, it is a chore and taking chances since a good portion of it will be in the dark.

Your pay rate is a bit low

Most ferry pilots I know have a daily rate of $500. You might have better success if you offered more.

I’m waiting for a N number. For either the 9, 14, or 10 he says he owns.

I'm not sure why you are demanding this information, given that you are not offering to help the OP out.

If you look at page 26 of the November Issue of Kitplanes, you will see the OP and his RV-10.

No Carl, Rockwood is correct. Lemos does not exist….at least not as we know him. Nothing….and I mean NOTHING he has posted on this site is true.

- There is no record of him in the FAA pilot database.
- There is no record of him having ever owned an aircraft in the FAA aircraft registration database.
- The RV 10 in the Kitplanes article is not his, it has never been his. Check the N number. The photo in that article is years old. No telling where he got it from.
-Amplifying info on the KP article. Lemos article shows N413BS. It is owned by Jeff Hayes of Washington DC. He bought it over three years ago in 2018 and had it custom painted in May of this year. Lemos claims to have bought his RV-10 in December, 2020.
In the KP article Lemos claims to have owned FIVE high performance aircraft with over 4000hrs in them. He lists the Comanche 400, SR-20, SR-22, Beech B36TC, and Columbia 400. But on this site he has asked questions about “how to lean” and “getting nervous before ccx flights”. 4000 hours in HIGH PERFORMANCE airplanes and you don’t know how to lean???
- Lemos was kicked off of the Beech Talk forum for similar behavior. He admitted to it on this site, and then denied having ever been on Beech Talk when I questioned him about it in a PM.
- Lemos bought an RV-10 late last year, and then earlier this year bought an RV-14A for $300,000k, and then shortly there after bought an RV-9A???? Never once posted a photo of any of these three aircraft and never once posted an N- number. No way.
I could go on and on and on and I might post something later separately. But I’ve said it before in this site and I will say it again, LEMOS is EARL FINDLAY.
- Earl had posted about taking girlfriends flying and “lying” to them about the Experimental nature of the RV. Lemos posted the EXACT SAME type of post last month but it was deleted by a mod.
Posts from the two of them are eerily eerily similar. And when Earl finally stopped posting on this site is about exactly when Lemos started posting on this site.

Last edited:
You're right! Lemos, whoever it is behind the name, recently posted on VAF to argue that it was OK to fry his battery and electronics at 15.5 V and then proceeded to buy a "Nissan Denso" alternator off eBay to fix the problem.
Sadly, good people on here continue to be sucked in and have their time wasted.

Last edited:
I may be loosing faith in KitPlanes then. I see that Myron Nelson ("woxofswa" on VAF) wrote the article that the sidebar is part of ("Buying Used: Van's RV-10"). Maybe he can add some info and comment on any vetting that KitPlanes does before they publish something. If the speculation is correct, I would expect KitPlanes to print a retraction and apology for the false and fabricated information they published.

(Hopefully I can still believe those articles written by that Dan Horton guy! :D Just kidding, just kidding!)

I can assure you Carl, we take things like this very seriously, and Marc and Myron will be looking in to it.

Paul

Last edited:
What an interesting time we live in…

First off, please accept my apologies for Kitplanes having published erroneous information. We work very hard to make our content as accurate as we can, and we slipped up here.

That said, I can say that over the period we’ve been doing these Buying Used stories, this is the first time we’ve been bamboozled by someone claiming to be someone he’s not. As you can imagine, we spend the bulk of the time getting the facts straight in the main part of the story, then solicit commentary from builders and owners to help fill out the picture. I always felt this provided a broader and more accurate portrayal of the airplane in question than simply doing the research and presenting a standard feature story.

Because we have always received useful and honest information from builders, it’s easy to take everything at face value. In general, the homebuilt-aviation community is made up of incredible, honest people. We have taken that for granted.

Starting now, when we receive a reader comment for these stories, we’ll take a few basic steps to validate ownership (or buildership) before publishing. Myron didn't know to do this because it was not our SOP at the time—again, we had never had an instance that caused us to call a reader's veracity into question.

It’s a sad commentary that we even have to take these precautions, but we do and we will.

Folks this has gotten out of hand. Please cease and desist calling me a fake. Time after time I have invited any doubters to my home airport for a informal bbq or to remote airports as a fly in. I get no takers. It is as if people want to stay online as trollers to call me a fake and if we met in person you’d then have to admit to being wrong.

My offer stands if you want to fly out to me for lunch let’s do it. If you want me to fly to you let’s do it. But please, stop insulting my character. I’m a commercial owner-operator-driver and typically try to work a 3 week on 2 week off schedule. When I am off my schedule is wide open and I love to fly so name a time and a place and I’ll be there to put this to rest once in for all.

So what is the N # ?

What is the N # of this RV14a? Serial # ? ,
Your Home airport ID?
I like BBQ!
Print your contact info. We will fly together. Next time we come to California

Last edited:
Folks this has gotten out of hand. Please cease and desist calling me a fake. Time after time I have invited any doubters to my home airport for a informal bbq or to remote airports as a fly in. I get no takers. It is as if people want to stay online as trollers to call me a fake and if we met in person you’d then have to admit to being wrong.

My offer stands if you want to fly out to me for lunch let’s do it. If you want me to fly to you let’s do it. But please, stop insulting my character. I’m a commercial owner-operator-driver and typically try to work a 3 week on 2 week off schedule. When I am off my schedule is wide open and I love to fly so name a time and a place and I’ll be there to put this to rest once in for all.

Like the time you “Cancelled” the fly inn to L52 2 weeks out because there might be fog? Even though you ghosted everyone after the first post? Or the fly in you supposedly drove out to but couldn’t get in the gate? Post an N Number and put this all to rest.

I agree with everything Tandem46 has said. I quit calling him out a while back because my post was deleted, yet the fraud remains…..

Like the time you “Cancelled” the fly inn to L52 2 weeks out because there might be fog? Even though you ghosted everyone after the first post? Or the fly in you supposedly drove out to but couldn’t get in the gate? Post an N Number and put this all to rest.

I agree with everything Tandem46 has said. I quit calling him out a while back because my post was deleted, yet the fraud remains…..

Joel. I have provided you with my N number already. I visited EAA chapter 1 in Flaybob and met several Vans Airforce members there. There’s no doubt in anyones mind other than you that I am real. Please stop harassing me. You’re welcome to Borrego Valley anytime for a meet n greet.

Back