What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What Smart Glide Are Other 10 Folks Using?

BlackhawkSP

Well Known Member
What Smart Glide Settings Are Other 10 Folks Using?

Hi 10 Builders/Fliers. I have been playing around with Smart Glide (works great!) and was wondering what settings did others use for the glide ratio, sink rate at Vg, etc.. Also, has anyone out there actually stopped the prop to get a for real in flight glide ratio on a stock (mostly) RV-10???

My goal here obviously is to have the settings that would be giving the smart glide system the numbers that would most accurately predict the true glide ring radius for the most successful chance of making the airport chosen.

Last edited:
Also, has anyone out there actually stopped the prop to get a for real in flight glide ratio on a stock (mostly) RV-10???

I have done it in my -7A before. It most definitely makes a very noticeable difference in glide ratio, especially when the prop is feathered.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. I was talking of shutting the engine completely down by pulling the mixture. Stopping the prop is difficult and not worth it as you have to fly very very slow to do it.

Back