What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Joe’s whine of the day!

jrock836

Well Known Member
All I have to say is I hope there’s a real good reason for Van’s installation instructions advising to install the ADSB-IN antenna all the way back behind the cargo area. I’m ashamed to admit how long it has taken me to deconstruct my plane in order to run coax. And whoever decided that it would be best to run the coax behind the rudder pedals, which requires partially unbolting the rudder pedals and moving them enough to slide the BNC connector behind, that ain’t gonna happen! Not even sure it’s possible unless I drill out rivets to panels that the upper rudder pedal tube runs through! Now back to removing this dang fuel tank.. :(

Attachments

• Rant 1.jpg
    Rant 1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Rant 2.jpg
    Rant 2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
All I have to say is I hope there’s a real good reason for Van’s installation instructions advising to install the ADSB-IN antenna all the way back behind the cargo area.

Shoot, I was hoping to see a daily special on Merlot -:)
I think the recommended location is just to keep the "in" antenna as far as possible away from the transponder antenna.

Or depending on your avionics choice some transponders provide both functions so 'In' in not req'd.

Or depending on your avionics choice some transponders provide both functions so 'In' in not req'd.

I don’t know how you do this kind of stuff every day Walt. I think I should name my plane “The Torture Chamber”.

I don’t know how you do this kind of stuff every day Walt. I think I should name my plane “The Torture Chamber”.

I'd have to agree with you, just a glutton for punishment I guess, the up side is I don't have to pay for yoga classes.

Back