What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static Port Kit from Cleaveland

If you do a search on VAF, you will find voluminous amounts of posts on Static ports.

Many have had trouble calibrating their static system with after-market kits, almost no issues with the Vans-supplied static port.

As usual, YMMV, and likely will. I predict that this thread will go on for a while!:rolleyes:

The web site says it's out of stock and if you click on the ports only it says discontinued. That said, I have this kit and it works great and is accurate.

I purchased and installed these from Cleveland - they glue in with Proseal. Make sure the Proseal is cured completely before putting on the tube - mine wasn’t, and it popped the ports off. I assume they have the same performance as a rivet.

Since then I’ve realised I needed more tube and fittings etc for the pitot and aoa - which I got from Stein.

I’m hindsight I would have been better purchasing the Stein kit at the start - it included static ports which screw on - probably better then just Proseal in my opinion.

https://www.steinair.com/product/pitot-static-tubing-port-kit/

If you are going with a straight 6pack panel, the static kit would do -but than you would than have to buy more fittings for the pitot.
If you are planning for EFIS equipment, than it would be better to source a complete pitot/static/AoA plumbing kit. Stein, Garmin, Dynon, & Cleveland Tools offer them (probably others as well)
On Cleaveland Tools website search for ‘pitot static’ you will come up with a SafeAir complete kit that I like & have had great results with.

I used the cleveland static ports on my 10. They are very nice and install much easier than the pop rivet. Also avoids the 1/8" tubing transition work. I used RTV instead of proseal and they have held on well. The airspeed on my 10 reads withing 1 knot of actual, so it seems the install very accurately models the pop rivet.

Larry

Back