What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX330ES Installation Manual?

Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
I just upgraded my GTX330 to GTX330ES and can't find an installation manual. All I've found is the abbreviated version that Garmin posts publicly. I can add the additional serial line without it, but I want to be clear I understand the intricacies of some of the setup menu items that are new.

Anyone willing to share?

Guy

timeline?

Guy - I'm about to go through this same upgrade, so I'm watching this thread for more info. How long from the time you sent it off to Garmin until you received the upgraded unit back?

About 2 weeks. My Garmin dealer told me it would be about 5 days on the ground with Garmin. The rest is shipping. I could ask him for the manual, but don't feel it is right to suck up his time without paying for it.

I just upgraded my GTX330 to GTX330ES and can't find an installation manual. All I've found is the abbreviated version that Garmin posts publicly. I can add the additional serial line without it, but I want to be clear I understand the intricacies of some of the setup menu items that are new.

Anyone willing to share?

Guy

Are you talking about this one or something more?
GTX 330/33 with ADS-B Out System Maintenance Manual
Dated Sept. 2014
Seems like it covers everything

I just installed mine last month, I still have to install my GPS20A.

Last edited:
Are you talking about this one or something more?
GTX 330/33 with ADS-B Out System Maintenance Manual
Dated Sept. 2014
Seems like it covers everything

I just installed mine last month, I still have to install my GPS20A.

I have that manual. It's quite vague on a few topics. For instance, section 8.3 covers configuration. All it does is tell you how to enter configuration mode and navigate the menus. I have questions about the details. For instance: One configuration menu seems to want to know the offset from some item to some other point on the plane. Presumably, the transponder antenna to some aircraft coordinate frame. There is a menu that appears to be asking for aircraft width and length in meters--again I'm unsure. The original GTX330 installation manual went into detail about each menu item. The GTX330ES has new menu items with no documentation whatsoever--or at least not in the System Maintenance Manual.

You can probably ask here and you will probably get most if not all answered.. yes, there are additional parameters, such as height of gps antenna, offset from centerline and width and length..

Hello Guy,

When you purchase your avionics, your Garmin dealer should provide you with all the manuals you need. Is this for the RV-10 mentioned in your signature? If so, since you are not the original purchaser, it might be easier for you to get in touch with our field service engineers using the contact info below. They should be able to get you what you need, and I've already asked them to be on the lookout for your request.

- Matt

Hello Guy,

When you purchase your avionics, your Garmin dealer should provide you with all the manuals you need. Is this for the RV-10 mentioned in your signature? If so, since you are not the original purchaser, it might be easier for you to get in touch with our field service engineers using the contact info below. They should be able to get you what you need, and I've already asked them to be on the lookout for your request.

- Matt

Matt,
When I had my GTX330 upgraded last fall with the ES option, I asked for a current manual so I could get the adsb settings correct. My dealer said they couldn't give me that. They did finally let me hand copy the settings from their monitor. Not what I was expecting after coughing up $1200 for the upgrade.

Matt,
When I had my GTX330 upgraded last fall with the ES option, I asked for a current manual so I could get the adsb settings correct. My dealer said they couldn't give me that. They did finally let me hand copy the settings from their monitor. Not what I was expecting after coughing up $1200 for the upgrade.

Jim,

Hard to comment without knowing all the background. But we'd be happy to help sort this out if you can contact us directly using the information provided below.

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
GTX330ES Installation Manual

Anyone willing to share?

Guy

I am looking for a GTX 330ES Installation manual. I had the transponder upgraded in the G900X panel about 2 years ago but did not receive any information. I Spent many hours on the phone with Tim Larberg at Garmin upgrading the G900X software in multiple steps to accommodate the upgraded Transponder. On Monday flight from Florida to Maryland, ATC controllers along the way kept asking me to reset transponder as no altitude reporting. I can't seem to find any 330ES manual to see if this is something I can address, or if I am going to have to take the LRU Transponder out of the G900X and send back to Garmin. Any advice or manual would be appreciated.

Anyone willing to share?

Guy

Check your PM

GTX330ES Installation Manual

Did not receive anything in my PM..Please try to resend or send to my email. Thanks.

Regards,
Jim

Back