What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

8 wings 7 fusalage!!!!

jflyboy

this is probably a retarded question but here goes.. can you put RV-8 wings on a RV-7 fusalage? i found cheap wings but i like the side by side seating of the 7. sorry 8 fans but i'd like to hold my girlfriends hand while i fly. lol i'd still take an 8 thanks for any input. newbie Jay

Last edited:
They are the same, but the spars are drilled to match the center section of a 7 or 8. That would be my only concern...

The one of the inboard bottom skins on the -8 wings has a NACA cutout on it the backseat vent. I would call up Van's and ask them to be certain.

I believe the rear spar attachment is trimmed on the 7 but not on the 8. Like Chad said, the biggest concern is that the spar attachment is match drilled and would pose a problem when changing to the 7. I don't know of any other major differences. Checking with Vans will be your best bet

Jim Kinsey
7A Fuselage

i just got off the phone with vans. scott says that the outboard wing is the same but the spars are drilled differantly so it isn't possible to hook'em up. O well maybe i'll become an 8 guy anyways ;) of course i wonder if you can modify it to work. though messin around with the main wing support isn't my idea of safe. maybe it can be done safely. there is a lot of what if's but the man at vans doesnt recomend it. Jay

Back