What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

i need some help!!!

jflyboy

I have found an rv-4 kit in my area, it is an emp, and wing kit. the emp is complete, the wing kit is clecoed together, the spar is finished, i have not seen it yet other than some pictures. The kit was bought in 99'-or 00'. He is the origional buyer/builder so he has a builder number. i guess what i am wondering is, is a builder number transferable? is there anything i need to look for in in general as far as structural stuff? has their been any changes to the spar or anything in the last 8 yrs? any advice would be appreciated, i am going to look at the kit on Sat. 16th maybe there is someone close who wouldnt mind taging along? thanks for any input, Jay

Jay,
I bought my emp kit in '99 and there was a minor SB on the trim tab cable fixture. Its a nut welded to a small plate that the cable threads into on the horizontal stab. It was something about the weld, but not a biggie. There has been nothing on the fuselage that I know of.

Alan
RV-4 N7028K (almost flying)

Transfer builders number

i guess what i am wondering is, is a builder number transferable?

The builders number is transferable. The seller just needs to send a statement and applicable information to Van's to transfer the number

Back