What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon A/P servo questions

Hi all, I am wanting to install a Dynon autopilot into my 4. I have a D10A as the head unit but I need to obtain & install the servo's.
My questions are:
Which servo's, the SV32 or SV42's?
Long arm or short arm?
I am aware there is a Dynon kit for the pitch servo but do I need additional brackets?
The roll servo- what brackets do I need to order or is there a generic bracket kit?
Sorry if these are pretty basic questions but I am not experienced in the field of autopilot's.
Thank you for your time.

I have installed Garmin and Dynon servos in a -6,-7&-8 using their respective install kits. All brackets and hardware were included. If they market a kit for a -4, then you should be fine.

Dynon in the 6

In the 6, the Roll Servo sits under the right side seat, right of the stick, mounted to the bottom skin of the plane. There's a push rod that attaches to the bottom of the right stick. This may work in a 4... not sure how much space there is there.

Again in the 6, the Pitch Servo sits behind the baggage rear panel at the elevator bellcrank. A push rod from the servo attaches to a new hole drilled in the bell crank. The servo is mounted on a bracket with attaches to the same structure that holds the bellcrank.

Pitch and roll is so light on Van's planes that you should be fine with the smallest Dynon servos.

Thanks for your replies fella's. The Pitch servo looks like it will be pretty straightforward with the available kit. It is the roll servo that looks to be the issue. As you have said, the stick forces are so light that I think the sv32's should do the job.

Back