What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jetflex primer

Eztroller

Well Known Member
I have a quart of jetflex headed to my home for interior painting. If you used this product, did you use their primer? How did you provide anti corrosion protection?

Amazing stuff

I used the jetflex for my interior. It was great. For primer i just used the wash primer p60g2 i think. Worked out great.

Last edited:
Over Anything

IIRC, Jetflex primer is only used on certain types of plastic.
During my build, I finished my interior with Jetflex (solvent base - not water). I shot it over AKZO green epoxy primer, PPG DPLF epoxy primer, and bare (scuffed and cleaned) aluminum. Over 7-1/2 years and 850 flight hours, the stuff wears like iron. Absolutely no problems with it whatsoever anywhere.

I sprayed my interior with Jetflex over Rustoleum rattle can self etching primer. I'm still building so I can't give a longevity report except to say that I have some test pieces out in my driveway in weather, walking, parking, driving, etc and it's **** durable.

Stuff

If i am not mistaken, jetflex is what is used on airliner interiors. That’s all I needed when I decided to use it.

IIRC, Jetflex primer is only used on certain types of plastic.
During my build, I finished my interior with Jetflex (solvent base - not water). I shot it over AKZO green epoxy primer, PPG DPLF epoxy primer, and bare (scuffed and cleaned) aluminum. Over 7-1/2 years and 850 flight hours, the stuff wears like iron. Absolutely no problems with it whatsoever anywhere.

+1 I don't have quite as many hours but this is the same process I have used and it has been bullet proof so far.

I sprayed JetFlex paint over SEM self etch and Eastwood 2K epoxy primer with excellent results. The JetFlex polyurethane primer is used to promote adhesion of the JetFlex paint on plastic parts.

I'm probably using Jetflex interior paint as well. SW epoxy primer is on all the interior parts. Problem being, some of it will be there for better part of 2 years before applying paint.

My question, I'm assuming a quick scuff up the primer, clean it up perfectly and shoot paint? Do I need a thin coat of fresh primer on old primer to ensure paint adhesion?

Also rivet heads won't have primer on them, is that going to be a big deal?

Scuff

I'm probably using Jetflex interior paint as well. SW epoxy primer is on all the interior parts. Problem being, some of it will be there for better part of 2 years before applying paint.

My question, I'm assuming a quick scuff up the primer, clean it up perfectly and shoot paint? Do I need a thin coat of fresh primer on old primer to ensure paint adhesion?

Also rivet heads won't have primer on them, is that going to be a big deal?

A thorough scuff with 400 should suffice. Clean. Shoot. Rivet heads will need to be scuffed as well.
I wouldn't spray more weight than necessary.

Any difference in the jetflex that is solvent based vs water based?

I don’t know about differences (other than potential hazards while spraying), but the WR, water reduced, is also tough as iron and easy to apply. :cool:

Primer

I'm looking at using the JetFlex Water Reducible for my interior. The Jetflex primer is very expensive and from what I've read is moreso for plastics. What would be the best alternative? And where is the best place to buy Jetflex online? Closest SW store is 3 hrs away.

I have a quart of jetflex headed to my home for interior painting. If you used this product, did you use their primer? How did you provide anti corrosion protection?

Back