What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel Pant Jig

wirejock

Well Known Member
I borrowed this idea from Mike Starkey. He got it from Steve Barnard. Whatever, whoever, thank you. It saved my bacon.
The jig is amazing, but I made a few changes. This version works on any pant. Tire just has to be off the ground.
Photo should suffice but a few things might be helpful.

Parts list

1x6x24 hardwood
1-1/2x1-1/2x24 angle iron (twice the width of the pants)
1-1/2-in W x 1-1/2-in H x 6-ft L Zinc-Plated Steel Perforated-Slotted Angle (twice the length of the biggest wheel pant plus a few inches)
6 ea 6-32 x 1-1/4 screws
6 ea 6-32 lock nuts
4 ea 3/8-16 x 4 Carraige bolts
4 ea 3/8-16 nuts
3/16 x 36 polished steel rod
Scrap aluminum angle and 1/8" flat
Clamps

The vertical uprights are slotted for the rod. A scrap piece of flat 1/8" inside and angle outside are clamped to the vertical. It locks the pant perpendicular to the board and allows the pant to be rotated to level or rotated to match the camber. Alignment to the centerline is simple. A center on the jig is measured to the centerline drawn on the floor. Make the distance equal and it's aligned to centerline. The carriage bolts are the feet. I tapped the holes 3/8-16. It can be leveled, but not necessary. A laser level will shoot a level line.
The entire magazine draft text is on my blog.
20220902_114515.jpg

Last edited:
Back