What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Potato potata

gassman

Mr indecisive here,
Rv-7 build. Trying to decide between aerosport io-375 with ww300 or io360 with hartzell ba prop. Thoughts?

One data point

I have a Aerosport Power IO-375 and WW HRT 74. No issues and has been easy to start even when hot. 117 hours and very happy with my Engine.

If you ever want to run Mogas or unleaded ULP, the you’re likely limited to 8.5:1 compression ratio. Handy if you end up somewhere that doesn’t have 100LL available, or you just don’t want to fill your engine with corrosive lead bromide salts. If you build a light aircraft, even 180hp in these things feels like a boatload of power and you’ll never have to worry about not having enough HP to get out of somewhere short you got into.
Tom
RV-7, IO-360 M1B, Hartzell BA

I own an IO-375 and I'm sure I'll love it once I fly. Darren and the crew have been awesome with support at Aerosport. In the course of shopping for props, I ran across information from WW stating they were no longer endorsing their prop on this engine. I don't recall if it was a specific model or all of their props. Could have also mattered if counterweighted crank and high or low compression. I eventually got information from Hartzell for their BA prop. Okay to use, with a fairly normal "continuous operating range limitation" (again matters of counterweighted or not/compression) to avoid. I decided to go with the Hartzell. I'm at 7.8/1 and non counterweight. Plus, -7s usually benefit from weight up front.

Back