What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New member rv-9a

rckcrlr

I'm New Here
Hi Everyone.

I recently bought an RV-9A (N27PP) and just completed flying it home from KHPN (white plains NY) to KVCB (Nut Tree Airport, CA). I had a great CFI from PSA at KCCR fly it back with me. Being a low time pilot of 130 hours at the start I learned a heck of a lot about the RV and navigating around weather on our long journey.

I look forward to learning all about my new RV-9a from all the experts on this forum!

Scott Nichols
RV-9A N27PP

Hi Everyone.

I recently bought an RV-9A (N27PP) and just completed flying it home from KHPN (white plains NY) to KVCB (Nut Tree Airport, CA). I had a great CFI from PSA at KCCR fly it back with me. Being a low time pilot of 130 hours at the start I learned a heck of a lot about the RV and navigating around weather on our long journey.

I look forward to learning all about my new RV-9a from all the experts on this forum!

Scott Nichols
RV-9A N27PP

Welcome! Your new magic carpet can take you even farther than from one coast to another.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of RVs

Scott:
You've chosen a great aircraft to begin your journey. You can pretty much imagine where you'd like to go, and that plane can take you there. If you don't believe me, you can look up the "Yoda" of all RV9A pilots by going to the search function on this web site and just type in "Vlad".
Have fun. Fly safe.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

the legend Vlad comes up again

Terry,

Too funny you mention Vlad. When doing the pre-buy the previous owner had a lot of stories about Vlad. Certainly a legend!!

Scott

Local

Hi Scott,

I’m at Nut Tree too. Hangar 71. I’m out at the airport most days in the afternoon for an hour or so. I have a 9A also.

-Andy

Welcome to our small world Scott! You got a great machine TZ put a lot of sweat and money bringing her to the current state. I flew her on August 29, 2017 and "Toothpick" wrote a check to the builder right away. We went home as a flight.

N27PP_-_1.jpeg

N27PP_-_1_(1).jpeg

Enjoy your aircraft I know she is screaming to go up :D If you are in my woods stop by. I believe I still have a spare ignition key if the lock is original.

New RV owners

Scott,

Congrats! I, too, just got an RV7A and flew it back to California from Minneapolis. Great transition training with Tom Berge and flew back myself.
Based at GNOSS (KDVO), but also spend time at Concord. Going through the steep learning curve of maintenance and tweaking some things. Let me know if you need any help. Also, yes, Vlad has been great inspiration with the RV.

Paul
RV7A

Hi Andy,

excellent, another RV owner at VCB. I'll be out there tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Welcome to our small world Scott! You got a great machine TZ put a lot of sweat and money bringing her to the current state. I flew her on August 29, 2017 and "Toothpick" wrote a check to the builder right away. We went home as a flight.

Enjoy your aircraft I know she is screaming to go up :D If you are in my woods stop by. I believe I still have a spare ignition key if the lock is original.

Hi Vlad! thanks. good to see some older pics of her. She flew great across the country and TZ has been awesome at answering questions and giving advice. Certainly a great experience.

Back