What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine from Oshkosh

kmbusse

I?ve seen all the posts regarding delays for engines ordered over the past 12 to 16 months but I?m wondering if anyone who ordered their 390 at Oshkosh this year has heard anything at all from Vans or Lycoming. I haven?t anything at all yet and just wondering if they?ve began to get a handle on production prior to Oshkosh. The shipping date will be whatever it will be, it would just be nice to know if we are looking at 6 months, 9 months or closer to a year.

Kerry

I ordered my 390 at Oshkosh this year along with a Hartzel prop. The prop was delivered in late September. I got a call from Lycoming in September to confirm the options that I wanted on the engine. My delivery is scheduled for late May 2020 at my request because that is when I anticipate I will be ready for it. I would give Van's a call to confirm if you haven't heard anything yet.

I ordered the IO-390 (non Thunderbolt) & Hartzell prop. on August 2019. Lycoming/Vans provided an estimate delivery date of June 2020. I planned a 12-month lead time, and expect the delivery delay. As suggested, contact Vans for the status.

Sun & Fun

I ordered the Thunderbolt 390 and prop at Sun and Fun. The prop showed up about a month ago (it looks great!) But no word on a motor.
We are a little behind on the RV14 build so it is OK. Once we get the word, then we need to pay for it.
So it is OK...
Larry

Back