What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CHT probe and leads

Christopher Murphy

Well Known Member
I accidently clipped my CHT lead and now I cant find a replacement.

Vans CHT gage. Bought the probe and lead with the gage.
All i can find is the IE-100 probe which i dont need and only has about an 8 inch pig tail on it.

I see they make an extention for it but im not sure how the connections are made

Anyone have experience with this?

Cm

Hey Chris,
This may help: https://grtavionics.com/product-category/eis-probes/cht-probes/
Did you just cut one wire, do you only have (1) CHT probe and does it go to an old style GHT gage on the panel? If so you should just solder the wire back together.

The GRT Bayonet-style probes I use each come with 2 wires and you connect them to the GRT EIS monitor with just Spade connectors. I am working on my wiring now if I can help let me know.

I accidently clipped my CHT lead and now I cant find a replacement.

Vans CHT gage. Bought the probe and lead with the gage.
All i can find is the IE-100 probe which i dont need and only has about an 8 inch pig tail on it.

I see they make an extention for it but im not sure how the connections are made

Anyone have experience with this?

Cm

YOu can splice in new wire with std butt terminals, rings, spades, etc. The extension wire can be had by the foot at ACS. the new wire must match the probe type - J or K. You should be able to ask Van's which type it is. You can also solder the splice if you like.

Larry

Thanks !!

Thanks for the info very helpful

Im not sure if I cut one wire or both yet. Its an old single vans CHT gage only to one cylinder.

Cm

Fixed. Easy!

Well I finally had time today to look into this and I found a ground wire I must have pulled off the connector when I was fixing something else.

Thanks for the tips I learned something new
Cm

Back