What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N662F First Flight (RV-14A)

Amazon-1

This morning my project turned into a real airplane. I completed the punch list of items that I needed to do and decided to do the first flight. The flight was short (about 0.25 hours) and I stayed in the pattern.

I knew it was going to be relatively short flight because my wife gave me a hard stop at 1230pm to be home for Thanksgiving dinner.

The weather was warm and clear with about a 9 mph cross wind.

I did a thorough pre-flight and then did a run up check on the taxi-way. Then it was time to launch. The plane flies great!

Two good landings later and it was time to head home.

Now the real fun begins as I embark on my 40 hour phase I.

Woo hoo!

Bruce

Congratulations!!!

This morning my project turned into a real airplane. I completed the punch list of items that I needed to do and decided to do the first flight. The flight was short (about 0.25 hours) and I stayed in the pattern.

Woo hoo!

Bruce

Bruce, congrats on the new fledgling :D

Very nice Bruce congratulations! Virginia has a great Aviation Ambassador Program it will be easy for you based in Richmond.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I’m still a good 6 months away but announcements like yours keep me excited and building.

Congrats....I am making my first flight in my 14A tomorrow morning at Mojave Airport. If anyone is keeping track I am sure there are at least a few hundred “first flights” out of that airport already. Including at least one space ship.

Congratulations and thanks for posting! I read every one of these "first flight" reports now. It provides great motivation to push through the final stretch of FWF work!

Congrats....I am making my first flight in my 14A tomorrow morning at Mojave Airport. If anyone is keeping track I am sure there are at least a few hundred “first flights” out of that airport already. Including at least one space ship.

I am right up the road in Ridgecrest I am still building my empennage but would love to come to see your first flight and see your masterpiece! Happy to shoot video or man a fire extinguisher!

Back