What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Front seat back tubular structure.

F1 Rocket

Well Known Member
Looking for some guidance here. I want to move my front seat back aft a bit. To do this requires modifying the tubular structure that the seat back leans against. What complicates this is that in my particular airplane there’s no way for this structure to come out due to it being trapped by the cockpit rails. So my plan is to cut it into two pieces to remove it and build a three piece part to go in its place. My thought is to either have the cross tube bolt to the end pieces with a flange or make the cross tube larger dia and have it slide over the end pieces and be secured with a through bolt. Any ideas out there?

Yes, it will. I’m only going to move the top back about an inch. I’ll need to put a little more bend in the rear seat stick and probably shorten it a little bit more.

The original kit I believe had 3 pieces that we cut the angles and welded the top tube to the side pieces when they were mounted in place. A bit of a pain to weld, but doable.
dateposted-public

Back