What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Experimental Aircraft OK in Guyana & French Guyana?

gfb

Well Known Member
Looking forward to my trip in the spring, I cant find info for the Guyana aviation authority on if Experimental Aircraft are ok and what documentation they need.

Any pointers?

Looking forward to my trip in the spring, I cant find info for the Guyana aviation authority on if Experimental Aircraft are ok and what documentation they need.
Any pointers?

That's totally up to their Government. It's their call.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience working with Guyana and knows what the regs are.

I realize that our OpLims specifically state we need approval in countries other than the US to fly.

He said to visit “Guyanese Pilots” group on Facebook...I am a member and have posted the question, will report back....

Last edited:
Guyana

Ok here is the word from a guy that knows Guyana..

?New Regulations are coming into force that will address this. There are no current regulations governing experimental homebuilt aircraft.

The person would have to apply to GCAA for a special permit. I think they would at least want to see records of the components, build, and maybe a DAR sign-off since there may not be a manufacturer build certificate.?

Back