What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stock replacement fuel cap part number

agent4573

Well Known Member
Anyone know the part number that comes with the quick build rv7 kit? I think it's the T-00007A, but there's a bold disclaimer that they don't fit standard flanges, and it only lists them as being used on the 12. kit was shipped 2020.

T-406A Usher cap came with my original kit 70173, but it may have changed over the years. I don't know the Usher number but will edit if found. Vans has it in the catalog. Attached is a PDF of the cap to which I refer. Be sure to use Krytox 205 if you have the usher, a tiny amount will last well beyond the annual, and prevents many known issues with this cap. It will not stick with Krytox.

View attachment Fuel Cap Usher.pdf

Last edited:
The Usher diagram above says to change the viton o-ring annually or when needed. Caution - the reference number for that o-ring is 2-325 on the upper diagram, and 2-235 on the lower diagram. I think -325 is the size you want.

I don't think mine is the usher. The usher looks metal, mine is grey plastic with a skinnier popup lever in the middle.

Back