What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

dynamic propeller balance contact in Phoenix area

rvator10

Well Known Member
Patron
Hello all, I?m looking for a contact in the Phoenix area that can perform a dynamic propeller balance on my RV, can someone help with a contact?:confused:
thanks

Hi guys, I'm looking for the same thing in Phoenix. I'm also looking for somebody who does IFR pitot static, etc. inspections for a reasonable experimental price.

Please publish here for all to benefit from. Thanks!

Balancing

Hi,
I did Doug's rv10, went from .11 ips to .07 ips.
The cost is $100 to set up then depends how many runs, but usually not more than $150 total. (Set up included). Let me know if you would like yours done.
Located at falcon field Mesa, FFZ. Will send you a pm, please use my email, I don't check my Pm very often. Bob

For pitot static, many of us at DVT use Warren Keysar. Very reasonable in price and comes to the hanger. Very nice guy and I believe the least expensive in the area. His # is 623-687-1805. Larry

Hi Guys,
I just had Bob (BobRv4) do my prop balance today over at Falcon Field. I am totally satisfied with the work he and Kurt did. In two hours we did 5 engine runs and went from .24 :eek: to .01 That's right--not a typo. These guys were able to get it down to .01 and it felt like a whole new airplane on the way home to Goodyear. I was blown away at the night and day difference.

A couple of observations:

1) I have a Whirl Wind 200RV prop, and I *should have* had it balanced the day it was installed. I did not, mainly because I didn't notice it in the prop manual until somebody else pointed it out on VAF. (Thanks!)

2) I now see that propeller balancing is one of those things that you don't know you need it until *after* it's done, and you see what a difference it makes.

3) I highly recommend Bob and Kurt. These guys balance helicopter rotors, so they really know what they're doing. I could tell that they had the science part down pat, and they were good at the "voodoo" part too! Give BobRv4 a private message here, and he'll respond with his contact info (he asked that I not publish it to the world here for privacy reasons).

Looking forward to some smooth flying now...

Falcon Field Mesa

I had mine done by Andy Elliot. He goes by N729LS here on VAF. He was at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ. No current contact with him so I'm not sure if he still does Dynamic Prop Balancing but I would try reaching out to him first.

Pitot static

Randy Wilson 760-288-1119 he travels all over the area. He was in Bullhead City yesterday and I think he said he will be in Phoenix area today or tomorrow.

Dynamic prop balancing in Phoenix

I'm curious if anyone's been successful connecting with a prop balancing service since the recent posts about a month ago? I'm located at Deer Valley Airport in Phoenix and today had a RV-10 owner ask me about prop balancing availability around Phoenix. I know a couple names were suggested in the prior posts....welcome any feedback/updates.

Many thanks, Mike

Back