What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fairings Installed

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I finally got the fairings installed. I am not saying they are as good as I would like them to be but they are ON! I made all the intersecting pieces and it was way more of a pain than I thought it would be. Way more. I may purchase some ready made ones and redo them but for now - I am done!

One thing I will consider if I do them again is to have the leg fairing overlap the wheel pant stub. When I was fitting them I put it over the stub and it looked much better with no gap showing.

Now I will probably be pushing the VNE speed all the time!!!

Attachments

• image2 (2).jpg
    image2 (2).jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 317
  • image3 (2).jpg
    image3 (2).jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 282
Hey Rocky, looking good.. Chuck B and I are still plugging away at the RV6 build. Hope all is well with you .. Stop by next time your in Caldwell..

Those look great! Mine are really ugly and need a lot of finishing work. I was amazed at what an airspeed difference they make, too!

They look great to me!
That paint is super shiny too!

Hows she fly?

It flys great. I have just over 100 hours of my time on it and each flight is a new experience. I am still learning but it is a whole new experience over the 172 I started flying!

Hey Rocky, looking good.. Chuck B and I are still plugging away at the RV6 build. Hope all is well with you .. Stop by next time your in Caldwell..

Kevin, I was so swamped getting all my crapola out of the hangar and pressed to get back to SLC to handle my sisters passing I just ran out of time. My wife and I are going to fly out this spring. I am really looking forward to that!

I still need to work on cross wind but I am getting better! Have fun on the 6.

Back