What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Space - Southwest Atlanta

rv12is

Anyone have any recommendations for hangar space near Newnan, GA? I've been making good progress on my 12, and would guess that I'm less than 6-12 months out from needing hangar space.

PXL_20230304_122234255.MP.jpg

I moved here from the Kansas City area. And while I was on several hangar waiting lists there for years, that doesn't help much here...

There is a couple building an RV-10 at Synergy Air South also building hangars at KCCO.

Email me if you would like their contact info.

Krea dot Ellis at gmail dot com

There is a couple building an RV-10 at Synergy Air South also building hangars at KCCO.

They built 32 T-hangars, and they are all taken. There is one site left for a large box hangar, but I'm sure that's well out of my budget.

As for the county owned hangars, there's 60 people on the waitlist. The ones at the top have been there since 2016.

Try Stockmar (20GA), they are not close but might be the only ones with space.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely give them a call. They hadn't been on my list previously since they're privately owned.

It's a 48 minute drive from my house. For from ideal, but I'm currently on waiting lists as far away as Paulding (KPUJ). That's a 73 minute drive, and I'm #105 on a waiting list for 20 hangars.

I'm in Carrollton (KCTJ).. not sure of the space situation but check into it. It's nice and quiet. Probably full but there are hangers being built. Rate increase hits April 1.. maybe that will make a difference to planes that "sit and rest" in place forever. Who knows.

I believe Peach State Aerodrome (GA2) has or is building rental hangars

[email protected]

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely add it to my list as a possible option, but toward the bottom.

I'm just unsure about it having a grass field. I've only done a few landings on grass, and those were years ago in a 172. Having yet to fly (or even ride) in an RV, I think I'll want some time behind the controls before I feel comfortable operating from a grass airstrip.

I'm in Carrollton (KCTJ).. not sure of the space situation but check into it. It's nice and quiet. Probably full but there are hangers being built. Rate increase hits April 1.. maybe that will make a difference to planes that "sit and rest" in place forever. Who knows.

I actually stopped by KCTJ last week. When I asked about hangar availability, they just laughed. I never got into the details of how long their waitlist is though. After he found out what I was building, we got distracted talking about airplanes and their EAA chapter. :)

Back