What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Coolie Hat controlling G3X HOTAS

RhinoDrvr

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I was thinking today, could a trim hat style switch be repurposed to control the pages / functions on the G3X? I.E left / right would cycle between the split screen views MAP/CHRT/ENG/TFC/TERR etc, and up / down could open the individual tabs like the options on the weather display?

Is there a way to include this functionality? My RV has manual trim, so the trim hat is available for the HOTAS functions if they’re available…

I hope someone chimes in and contradicts me but I think the short answer is "no."
I just installed a G3X in my rocket. Its an all Garmin system. The manual shows no way to gain that specific functionality. The only available external options I could find are via the discrete inputs. On the G3X that is limited to indications, not menu items or display options.
I have manual aileron trim so I used the left and rt. coolie hat positions on my Infinity stick for radio control as follows:
-left = flip flop on radio 1
-rt = com swap between radios 1 and 2

I looked, but couldn't find an option for this. My GRT has a page swap function that I really like and hoped to replicate it on the G3X.

NoPro,

It's not DCS and you can't "mech" your TM Warthog stick in the -8...

Unless you can :~)

Not officially, but if you don't care about keeping your warranty you could always wire something directly to the dial.

Hi all,

I was thinking today, could a trim hat style switch be repurposed to control the pages / functions on the G3X? I.E left / right would cycle between the split screen views MAP/CHRT/ENG/TFC/TERR etc, and up / down could open the individual tabs like the options on the weather display?

Is there a way to include this functionality? My RV has manual trim, so the trim hat is available for the HOTAS functions if they’re available…

Miss your Display Scroll Toggle, don’t ya? :D

Back