What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X (GDU 370 and 375) Software 12.40 Now Available

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Good Evening!

We are pleased to roll out new software for the G3X (non-touch) installed in EAB aircraft. The team has been hard at work to round these updates out, and make them available to all the aircraft that are still running strong with the original G3X equipment.

G3X software version 12.40 can be found in the Software Download Area.

Several system LRU's will be updated with this software load, the software download page includes a detailed LRU software change list. Cross-referencing the reported LRU software versions in configuration mode, please ensure each LRU is successfully updated to the appropriate software level upon completion of the software load.

There are a few pilot-side improvements (outlined below), but this update includes mostly behind the scenes updates, that will improve your systems performance. This software version also brings G3X based systems into compliance with Service Bulletin 22112, as was discussed in this post. The software update is the only necessary step to meet compliance with the bulletin. Between the system improvements and service bulletin related change, we recommend processing this software update as soon as possible.

Improve transponder behavior when STBY mode is selected before takeoff - When a transponder is manually set to STBY prior to takeoff, the transponder will stay in STBY rather than automatically cycle to ALT mode upon takeoff. This is helpful for formation flights.

Add ability to disable ESP by holding AP DISC button for 5 seconds - If a pilot is pressing and holding the AP DISC button to override ESP for more than 5 seconds, ESP will be disarmed and will remain disarmed unless the pilot manually re-arms.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or comments regarding the update!

Thanks,

Justin

Thank you for the update!

Quick question... the update comments include "Improve Smart Glide operation", I wasn`t aware the non-touch had Smart Glide ability?

Thanks to the G3X team to provide continuing support for the 370/5 GDU's!!

Will this software update happen to allow my TOGA to work (w/o a GMC panel) would it? :D

Just asking . . . :D:D

...Added support for sky pointer roll indicator display on PFD. Previously, the attitude display was always displayed using the traditional “ground pointer” style of attitude indicator most of us are used to. The roll indicator display can now be changed in the PFD menu in configuration mode to show a sky pointer, which may be of interest to those with an airline background.
saVcaiSyVimRW6GWl0X9jXrAPEKXK-DLm0Yg3mrsuch9-kpugzRDEkK2nSXipQ6T6AW63b2tcGxCWGblvyBVQGKnVx989vu1KAqa7V-wonFcjgMOH0OyU3rT9dOzNAvWNNeePas66PcELYLeWLhOGYhzP1WyiCQ-S28zUUplahGEKZOt5_9JMq-LfqQY125bb3gUNORAyvHU7m5i57Amz5L1eoCih8gdbsixvSDf5dZQT7TMZJ7BrMEzwNFF_wG6F9F5I7RaGvFMyt04qkpph_AK5nyfsajDgRn5cJC69eS_xkVgDn5I40tbISnVif_oKB584AxFCRhauvBEOKFxtS70yXU8ttubXbQUYOrzGTzPtdL5StnU9tqFPKaEfDw5PO3A54FjKBfZ8-IYLC0bt3P2P2yWM4mciD8DqtavbA2lAVVLwAozdoLf0T4NMzGOepPt4gYz6PCbTtT9or31fPHwtHgNX9Wa3Q8imZJZCmrhApM_18uO2RIc8ROX7ddApAVAI7eqP5MVByxGtu51AiDHuiWyNXMagHhbeRsblqsQu5K-d_OOgU3dO0TD9-wQrA4K3jOhRl6iv-Tl4IahUvnneJW_ITdvzBRy8ZC47NogfJnjelyVAMc0EdD0x9ygfJuZImZdFy84mM4giG___lgwg8XdKw=w686-h320-no

The above quote is from another thread regarding an older update for the G3X Touch;

Is this same sky pointer selection available on the GDU 370 (non-touch)?

Thank you for the update!

Quick question... the update comments include "Improve Smart Glide operation", I wasn`t aware the non-touch had Smart Glide ability?

The GDU3XX displays support Smart Glide when driven from a GTN Xi Series Navigator, in contrast to the G3X Touch display, which is capable of generating the Smart Glide group of elements in real time on its own.

Thanks to the G3X team to provide continuing support for the 370/5 GDU's!!

Will this software update happen to allow my TOGA to work (w/o a GMC panel) would it? :D

Just asking . . . :D:D

Hi Bill,

No this software update does not make this possible.

The above quote is from another thread regarding an older update for the G3X Touch;

Is this same sky pointer selection available on the GDU 370 (non-touch)?

The configurable attitude display is a function of the GDU 4XX display series, the GDU 3XX displays do not have this ability.

Thanks,

Justin

Back