What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hysol 9430 Life

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
Here's an interesting data point. I like and recommend Hysol 9430 structural adhesive for general use in gluing dissimilar materials...plexi to fiberglass, fiberglass tips to aluminum empennage, etc. If you hesitate to purchase 9430 because it's kinda expensive and it might go bad before you can use it all, well, stop worrying.

Check out the "Use By" date on the lid of this can. I finally got to the bottom of it, gluing a tip on a rudder. Cured just fine, as always.

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_111725753.jpg
    IMG_20221213_111725753.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 163
Yikes

Check out the "Use By" date on the lid of this can. I finally got to the bottom of it, gluing a tip on a rudder. Cured just fine, as always.

I'd hate to take a look in your fridge :eek: J/K

BTW, Spruce has it at $150 for part A and B, RS Hughes has it for $120

You can also get it in smaller batches in applicator tubes for $18, but you'll need the applicator gun and some mixer nozzles (I don't use the nozzles, just squeeze it in a dixie cup and mix by hand).

Good stuff

Laird

Last edited:
Bad Joke

I was trying to reference the food in the fridge. Agree this doesn't do well in the cold.

Sometimes humor doesn't translate well in text form.

Thanks for all the great info you put into the site. Unbelievably helpful for all.

Laird

Back