What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x database update issues

kaweeka

Well Known Member
I've had difficulty updating my G3x database over the past week. I have tried both PC and Mac, reformatted with FAT32 and purchased new 8GB cards, reinstalled the Garmin database manager software and I am unable to finish the update with the following code consistently shown:

Core library error occurred in file 'AVN_AviationDatabase.cpp' at line '81' with code '0' with message ''.

I've never had difficulties before. Does anyone have an idea of the problem?

G3X Databases

I am having similar issues. Ventura 13.1.

Update - -Garmin download manager is not compatible with Ventura. A note appeared on the login screen.

ll works fine with Monterey.

Last edited:
After seeing these posts, I updated my G3X Touch database card this morning.

Everything worked perfectly.

Windows 10 Laptop with latest updates
8 Gbyte SD card
Garmin Aviation Database Manager V22.12.8

Steve

DatabaseUpdate.png

Update problem

Once I forgot that my card reader had a small mini USB inserted also.
When removed it worked OK.
One thing I would recommend is doing a full formating of the SD card.
I have had success using 4/8/16/32 MB USB.

Good luck

Uninstalled and reinstalled the database manager 3 times and it finally worked. I have absolutely no idea what the hang up was but it seems to work now.

Just went through this today. Repeatedly got the error "There was a problem copying files to the destination drive: Ensure....." Took me two computers and three SD cards, but I finally got it to work after an hour of trying. No idea what the secret was. It took forever to write the update to the card (30 min or so).

Back