What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNC 255

Freakshow108

Well Known Member
Just installed a used 255 in my glass panel. The radio came out of a steam gauge panel. Every thing is working except the NAV freq will not display on my G3. I have emailed with the G3expert and it is their belief that I need to update to the latest software version. Easier said than done, my local avionics shop is hesitant and it can only be done by an authorized dealer. I’m sure I will get the update soon enough. My reason for this thread is to see if anyone else has run into this before. As I said earlier in the thread, the comm displays fine in the G3, it is only the NAV that will not. I have also tried my radio in a buddies panel, same as mine, and it does the same thing. We also put his 255 in my panel and it worked as designed. Thanks for looking.

I have the exact same problem with my GNC 255. Got the comm up on the touch but not the nav. Configuration has been the most troublesome part of the build! Going to have to call Stein again......
Stewart Willoughby, 6 final assembly

Just installed a used 255 in my glass panel. The radio came out of a steam gauge panel. Every thing is working except the NAV freq will not display on my G3. I have emailed with the G3expert and it is their belief that I need to update to the latest software version. Easier said than done, my local avionics shop is hesitant and it can only be done by an authorized dealer. I’m sure I will get the update soon enough. My reason for this thread is to see if anyone else has run into this before. As I said earlier in the thread, the comm displays fine in the G3, it is only the NAV that will not. I have also tried my radio in a buddies panel, same as mine, and it does the same thing. We also put his 255 in my panel and it worked as designed. Thanks for looking.

Randy,

What software version is being used in your GNC 255?

As explained on page 2-8 of the Rev. AQ G3X Touch Installation manual, the GNC 255 needs to be at V2.20 or later for NAV radio tuning from the G3X Touch to work.

GNC255 Software Version.png

Steve

Do you have it set as NAV1 or NAV2, and is there another IFR navigator connected? I banged my head against this with a 255 that was on the latest software version -- my brain said that it should be NAV1 since it's my only nav radio, but the fact that I have a GNX 375 also connected (which claims the first spot even though it doesn't have a nav radio in it) means that I needed to call it NAV 2 in the configuration. After changing that, worked fine.

Do you have it set as NAV1 or NAV2, and is there another IFR navigator connected? I banged my head against this with a 255 that was on the latest software version -- my brain said that it should be NAV1 since it's my only nav radio, but the fact that I have a GNX 375 also connected (which claims the first spot even though it doesn't have a nav radio in it) means that I needed to call it NAV 2 in the configuration. After changing that, worked fine.
I have the same set up. And yes I have it set to NAV2. I did not in the beginning but have since changed it. Thanks for the thought.

Randy,

What software version is being used in your GNC 255?

As explained on page 2-8 of the Rev. AQ G3X Touch Installation manual, the GNC 255 needs to be at V2.20 or later for NAV radio tuning from the G3X Touch to work.

My software is the older version. I have been working with my local avionics shop but they are being difficult. I’m still hopeful they will get me the update. Thanks for the insight.

View attachment 33876

Steve

Back