What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB ownership traffic G3X

kswanson

First flight today after installing legacy G3x and GDL39r for traffic. I cannot seem to make my ownership ADSB target go away. The traffic warning is always going off because it is picking up my tail number. How do I get this to go away?

Current ADSB equipment:
uavionix Tailbeacon
GTX327
GDL39r

First flight today after installing legacy G3x and GDL39r for traffic. I cannot seem to make my ownership ADSB target go away. The traffic warning is always going off because it is picking up my tail number. How do I get this to go away?

Current ADSB equipment:
uavionix Tailbeacon
GTX327
GDL39r
Hello,

Did you update your G3X software to V12.30 and enter your Aircraft Identification (N number) on the Aircraft Configuration page?

Steve

I am fairly positive I am at version 12.30. I just did the update last week. I do have it set in the configuration page but it is possible I missed something else.

Did you run a PAPR report to make sure that your ADS-B Out data is correct?

How is your Tailbeacon receiving position and altitude data?

Steve

Since you have ADS-B In and Out but only a Mode C transponder, don't forget to enter your aircraft's N-number or Mode S address on the ADS-B configuration page.

Still having ownership issues I cannot seem to track this one down. iPad, iPhone, Aera660, G3x. All still showing constant ownership traffic alerts. I am going back to troubleshoot the uAvionics config pages today and see if I missed something there. Since I did not have these issues with the GDL50 installed I am reluctant that it will produce anything of value. Is there any type of mystery configurations for the GDL39r I could have missed?

I the display issue constant or intermittent?

If constant then there is a configuration problem. If intermittent, then it more than likely is that your "system" is receiving your airplane data from two separate ADS-B ground stations. This can make the timing and location between the two signals far enough apart that your receiver can't immediately tell it is the same (your) airplane. Once the software figures it out, then your the problem disappears. This happens more often than we would expect.

:cool:

Last edited:
I the display issue constant or intermittent?

If constant then there is a configuration problem. If intermittent, then it more than likely is that your "system" is receiving your airplane data from two separate ADS-B ground stations. This can make the timing and location between the two signals far enough apart that your receiver can't immediately tell it is the same (your) airplane. Once the software figures it out, then your the problem disappears. This happens more often than we would expect.

:cool:

You’re correct, it was a configuration issue. I don’t know how I looked passed it so many times but I did not enter the correct Hex Code on the ADSB config page in G3x. I haven’t got to test flight yet but ground tests all look promising with no ownership population so far. I’ll just go hang my head in shame for awhile and wait for better weather. Thanks everybody for your input, Cheers

Back