What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TurboCAD Conversion Help?

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

I have a set of electrical drawings for a friend's RV-10 that the original builder produced in TurboCAD. While I'm sure it's a fine program, I use other CAD packages and don't have a copy of TurboCAD.

The problem is that TurboCAD is notoriously difficult to convert files from unless you have TurboCAD. There don't appear to be any trustworthy online file converters, and I'd prefer not to use such a tool anyway.

Does anyone here have a copy that they would be willing to use to convert these files to another format? I'd like to provide my friend with a version that he can use, and also that I can modify for my own use for my RV-10.

Thanks in advance!

TurboCAD

Yes I use (an old version of) TurboCAD. If you want, PM me and I'll give you my email address to send the files and we can see how they convert.
I was able to import and use the Nuckols electrical diagrams from Aeroelectric Connection so maybe the reverse will work too?

TurboCAD drawing conversion

Hey guys,

I have a set of electrical drawings for a friend's RV-10 that the original builder produced in TurboCAD. While I'm sure it's a fine program, I use other CAD packages and don't have a copy of TurboCAD.

The problem is that TurboCAD is notoriously difficult to convert files from unless you have TurboCAD. There don't appear to be any trustworthy online file converters, and I'd prefer not to use such a tool anyway.

Does anyone here have a copy that they would be willing to use to convert these files to another format? I'd like to provide my friend with a version that he can use, and also that I can modify for my own use for my RV-10.

Thanks in advance!

I have a relatively recent (2021 version) of TurboCAD. It will output a file to many different formats, but I am assuming you want to convert to one of the more common data exchange ones like .DWG (AutoCAD) or .DXF (Drawing eXchange Format). I can do the conversion for you. PM me if you are interested.

Back