What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8's in MN, SD, ND

WWhunter

I'm on the look out for my next plane. Little back story, I was mainly interested in an RV9. McCool from central MN was very nice and invited me down to look at his and go for a short flight. I was fairly set on a -9 until I realized that I really prefer tandem seating. I currently fly a 172, Murphy Rebel and a RANS S7, so I get to experience both types of seating.

When my son returned from deployment overseas, he acquired my 172A, which we fly from MN to Oregon. I have owned that plane for 34 years!! It's staying in the family.

While we were in Oregon, a friend of his had an RV-8 and I sat in it along with my spousal unit. She said she would be fine sitting in the rear so now my 'shopping for a new ride' has grown to include an RV-8.

Are there any owners in my vicinity that would be open to letting me look over there -8? There is only one near me that I know of and have looked at it, unfortunately he is a busy business owner so hard to be able to spent much time with him.

If anyone knows of one for sale nearby, please let me know. I would still be interested in a nice -9 if the price is right. I prefer a TW.

Thanks,
Keith

Last edited:
MN RV8A

I have an RV8A in Buffalo MN, KCFE and you are welcome to come check it out and ask any questions. Its not for sale unless someone offers me stupid money. My Wife Loves riding in the back so we prefer tandem seating

Keith, nice to hear from you.

I'd recommend contacting Doug Weiler, president of the Twin Cities RV Builders Group. It's a big club, lots of RV resources. There are at least a few RV-8s in the group and I'm confident that Doug would be happy to steer you toward someone who can help you out.

http://www.mnwing.org/

As to buying one already-built...consider posting a WTB in the classified section here.

Thanks guys!

Howard,
Thanks! I had bought a nice Murphy Rebel not long after we met. I really like the plane and it's a great fit for my home strip. Unfortunately, I really need something with more speed, hence my searching again. If you hear/know of any that are for sale but not advertised be let me know. I will get in touch with Doug Weiler and see where that leads me too.

Got dumped on with snow again last night so my plane won't be getting out of my hangar for awhile.

Keith

Thanks guys!

Howard,
Thanks! I had bought a nice Murphy Rebel not long after we met. I really like the plane and it's a great fit for my home strip. Unfortunately, I really need something with more speed, hence my searching again. If you hear/know of any that are for sale but not advertised be let me know. I will get in touch with Doug Weiler and see where that leads me too.

Got dumped on with snow again last night so my plane won't be getting out of my hangar for awhile.

Keith

Will do.

Yeah, we got the same snow storm. My tractor/snowblower is getting quite the workout and I'm running out of space to put the stuff.

Good luck.

O4Y

Are there any owners in my vicinity that would be open to letting me look over there -8? There is only one near me that I know of and have looked at it, unfortunately he is a busy business owner so hard to be able to spent much time with him.

Thanks,
Keith[/QUOTE]

I’ve got mine at 04Y while my grass strip is snow bound. Im sure we could arrange a time to look at it and go for a ride. Not for sale though…

Thanks,
Keith

I’ve got mine at 04Y while my grass strip is snow bound. Im sure we could arrange a time to look at it and go for a ride. Not for sale though…[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have the same issue...4' deep on my strip! -6 this morning. Isn't it almost the end of March when the snow is supposed to be melting? Whenever the snow melts enough for me to take a flight, I'll try to contact you. If you ever get up near Park Rapids/ Bemidji area, give me a shout.

Thanks,
Keith

Howard, Yes, just saw that one. I agree, little higher in the price range than I would be willing go for it. It does look nice though.

I’ve got mine at 04Y while my grass strip is snow bound. Im sure we could arrange a time to look at it and go for a ride. Not for sale though…

Thanks! I have the same issue...4' deep on my strip! -6 this morning. Isn't it almost the end of March when the snow is supposed to be melting? Whenever the snow melts enough for me to take a flight, I'll try to contact you. If you ever get up near Park Rapids/ Bemidji area, give me a shout.

Thanks,
Keith[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM…

Back