What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camshaft

UrbanM

Group,
In a log entry for a rebuilt 0-320 I saw the term "Phase 3 Camshaft". The engine was done years ago by a guy named Don Swords (Who I believe is the Dream Machine small bore Continental guy). He is retired for some time.
I ask my engine shop (40 year's experience) and they didn't know what this meant But he did explain the different types of cams he's found in 320s. I am hoping that some one here might be able to shed some light on this entry.
Thanks!
Kirk

Last edited:
Group,
In a log entry for a rebuilt 0-320 I saw the term "Phase 3 Camshaft". The engine was done years ago by a guy named Don Swords (Who I believe is the Dream Machine small bore Continental guy). He is retired for some time.
I ask my engine shop (40 year's experience) and they didn't know what this meant But he did explain the different types of cams he's found in 320s. I am hoping that some one here might be able to shed some light on this entry.
Thanks!
Kirk

It's been a while (a long while) and I'm no engine expert but I recall something about a phase 3 camshaft being where the profile of the cam lobes are ground to a different spec than standard. I believe it was for a performance effort. I think I read somewhere that the air boat guys do this. My memory isn't anything like it used to be so take this as a hunting hint and not absolute.

Back