What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternator

BOHICA

Well Known Member
Thinking of switching out from Van's alternator to a B and C alternator. Two questions:

Is this a recommended upgrade?
If so what B and C alternator part number did you order and what options?

I am getting and IO-390-EXP engine.

Thinking of switching out from Van's alternator to a B and C alternator. Two questions:

Is this a recommended upgrade?
If so what B and C alternator part number did you order and what options?

I am getting and IO-390-EXP engine.
In my opinion, if there is going to be only one mod/upgrade, it would be this.

The 60A B&C for the experimental.

If I am reading B&C website should be the LX60 Boss mount single grove. Now I just need to figure out which belt 7360 or 7365?

I would like to know the same as well as where people are mounting the regulator on the 14.

If I am reading B&C website should be the LX60 Boss mount single grove. Now I just need to figure out which belt 7360 or 7365?

Go the 7360 belt, probably more common for RV type planes. If you need slightly shorter or longer belt, you can whip down to your local auto parts store & ask for what you need. Same thing as your regular auto V type belts.

Go the 7360 belt, probably more common for RV type planes. If you need slightly shorter or longer belt, you can whip down to your local auto parts store & ask for what you need. Same thing as your regular auto V type belts.

I called up B&C and Landed on the LX60 Single Groove Alt with FK5402-1 installation kit and 7360 V-Belt as the three items to order.

Back