What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior Paint

Blizzard

Time to paint the cabin top interior. I'm using Aerosport's Medium Gray headliner and their Graphite carpet. Looking for anyone who may have used these colors to find out what color and type of paint you used. The interior cabin top with overhead console and all the interior panels will be painted the same. Just looking for a practical solution. I can shoot it with my own gun or I'm perfectly fine with using rattle can paint as well. Looking for "looks nice and holds up well to normal use". Not looking for "need to be a chemist with a professional paint booth" to get nice results. The "canoe" has already been shot with AKZO primer.

Thanks.

Decided to go with JetFlex Water Reducible. Just have to see if my local Sherwin-Williams can color match it and order it for me.

Time to paint the cabin top interior. I'm using Aerosport's Medium Gray headliner and their Graphite carpet. Looking for anyone who may have used these colors to find out what color and type of paint you used. The interior cabin top with overhead console. and all the interior panels will be painted the same. Just looking for a practical solution. I can shoot it with my own gun or I'm perfectly fine with using rattle can paint as well. Looking for "looks nice and holds up well to normal use". Not looking for "need to be a chemist with a professional paint booth" to get nice results. The "canoe" has already been shot with AKZO primer.
Thanks.
I had good luck using the Nason 2k Urethane single stage. It is available at my local car quest. Im sure they can color match a sample for you. The results will be way better than a rattle can. Compatible with the AKZO as well.

sidetrack "stupid questions"

So do most folks prime every part before/during assembly?
Do most folks leave most or all of the interior surfaces primed and unpainted?

I'm guessing this thread is about painting the visible cockpit interior surfaces for better look and better durability. Guessing painted the entire interior would just add unnecessary weight...Is that about right?

How do folks do it when they build for a polished exterior instead of paint?

Back