What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon dual hdx1100 upgrade

gemiller

We are thinking about upgrading our single HDX1100 to a dual HDX1100 installation. The Van’s dual screen upgrade kit does not appear to parallel the GPS, Transponder or ADS-B serial port connections as discussed on the Dynon installation guide. We want independent, full functionality on both displays. Has anyone done this? Were the serial ports paralleled? Thanks.

Adding a second Dynon screen

Gary,

I added a second screen to a friends RV, and what I did was make a special “Y” harness that went in between the first screen harness, and the first screen, and the second screen. Everything that needs to be tied together I did it in the wiring, and all you had loose was the power, ground, and the backup battery wires out of the second screen connector. Connect them to power and ground, plug in the backup battery, and you are ready to go.

Very simple and looked like it should belong.

FYI, you just can’t splice it together, as there is a few things you need to do, but it is pretty simple.

If you are in Auburn, CA, come over the hill to Stead, and I can show you what you need to do.

Brian

Last edited:
Back