What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT EIS-4000 in tandem seating

Dragonfly

Hi there,

Is there anyone running dual GRT EIS-4000 units (Master and Slave).

I am wanting to locate a pin out diagram for the Slave unit and if there are any particular installation instructions or manual notes associated with the setup of the Slave.

I am guessing the Slave is setup from the factory and doesn't require much from the installer. Is there any separate manual?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have not heard of the possibility of having dual EIS units. Before doing that, you might want to try the GRT Remote App.

https://grtavionics.com/miscellaneous-software/

Perhaps it can do what you need.

Another option would be a small EFIS, since it will show the data graphically.

I personally almost never use the EIS directly, but prefer to get the data from the EFIS.

Do you have a physical size constraint in the back seat?

Actually trying to troubleshoot a system already installed. It is the sole engine data provider, not what I would choose personally but it's there (clients aeroplane).

The second unit is labelled 'Slave', on a factory label, and only has one D-Sub socket on the back instead of the usual two.

Just after a pin out to check continuity really, not pin out of the Master unit (I have those as they are available on the GRT website) but the Slave.

Last edited:
Actually trying to troubleshoot a system already installed. It is the sole engine data provider, not what I would choose personally but it's there (clients aeroplane).

The second unit is labelled 'Slave', on a factory label, and only has one D-Sub socket on the back instead of the usual two.

Just after a pin out to check continuity really, not pin out of the Master unit (I have those as they are available on the GRT website) but the Slave.

I know that they exchange info via RS-232 so I'd expect to see 4 total wires used on the slave - RXD, TXD, 12v, Ground. You might want to drop a mail to the boys in Michigan ([email protected]) to help figure this one out.

Thanks, have done just that.

Was hoping to shortcut things if someone else had already been there, done that.

Thanks, have done just that.

Was hoping to shortcut things if someone else had already been there, done that.

There are a lot of GRT gurus on VAF, so you might get an answer from one of them over the weekend. Best of luck with it!

Back