What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KitLog Pro issues

goatflieg

Well Known Member
For the past two days I've been unable to upload my latest entries to the website; I get strange error messages and sometimes the program locks up. The website appeared to be up and running. Yesterday I sent an email to Matt Dralle with screenshots; haven't received a response yet. This morning the same issues and error messages, but the program doesn't lock up... and now, the latest five uploaded entries have lost their photos, replaced by a generic photo icon and "click here to view full log entry" script. Previous entries display properly. Wrote Matt with an update and more screenshots; hope to hear something soon. I'm so close to being finished; after 1800+ entries and seven years, if the site crashes that would be a gut punch.

Attachments

• Screenshot (141).png
    Screenshot (141).png
    287.8 KB · Views: 110
I found it was faster to reach Matt on Facebook. But I really haven’t used Kitlog in over ten years.

Never crashes, never changes hosts, data format never becomes obsolete, portable, needs no batteries:

13-21732.jpg

I found it was faster to reach Matt on Facebook. But I really haven’t used Kitlog in over ten years.
Although we're Facebook friends, I hesitate to contact him there as he tends not to respond to work-related queries. But he has yet to respond to my emails and I just noticed that all the photos on the website don't display now. This is not good.

Never to late to change

EAA has a service where they move your kitlog data over to eaabuilderslog.org
I got everything ported over there, pictures and everything.

For the past two days I've been unable to upload my latest entries to the website; I get strange error messages and sometimes the program locks up. The website appeared to be up and running. Yesterday I sent an email to Matt Dralle with screenshots; haven't received a response yet. This morning the same issues and error messages, but the program doesn't lock up... and now, the latest five uploaded entries have lost their photos, replaced by a generic photo icon and "click here to view full log entry" script. Previous entries display properly. Wrote Matt with an update and more screenshots; hope to hear something soon. I'm so close to being finished; after 1800+ entries and seven years, if the site crashes that would be a gut punch.

I just had a look at your site and it appears to be all good up to 24/2/22

This issue raises a question, what happens when Matt is unavailable to maintain the website?

EAA has a service where they move your kitlog data over to eaabuilderslog.org
I got everything ported over there, pictures and everything.

Wow! Didn't know they could do that. I wasn't about to re-enter thousands of posts, but I'll definitely explore the transfer. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. All photos are still missing from website; haven't tried to upload again. Tried Matt through different channels; awaiting a response. I'll also try viewing the website through a different browser, although I have no problem with any other website using my usual browser.

Bad news, good news:
Bad: Tried a different browser; same issue.
Good: Matt Dralle responded on Facebook Messenger; he's working the problem.

Discussed the issue with Matt. Turns out the problem is with my computer. No one else is experiencing this issue. Now I'm working the problem.

Problem Solved!

To make a long and painful story short, I've resolved the problems. It turns out that McAfee's NetGuard was causing all the problems. My thanks to Matt Dralle for the extensive troubleshooting he provided via messenger.

other issue

If, in the future, you decide to use the reports feature of kitlog and it doesn't work, see if you are using an epson printer driver. That driver and kitlog did NOT play well together and it took weeks to figure it out.

If, in the future, you decide to use the reports feature of kitlog and it doesn't work, see if you are using an epson printer driver. That driver and kitlog did NOT play well together and it took weeks to figure it out.

Thanks for that information, I'll keep it in mind. That's why I don't get along with electrons... they're way too rogue for me, and the people who understand them know how to manipulate them in ways that are way beyond my comprehension. Having said that... I'm looking forward to conferring with Jason Smith at Aerotronics tomorrow to configure my G3X system. Wish me luck...!

Back