What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the 2022 Condition Inspection

Nice write up.. just at the beginning of it, but wanted to offer some advice on how I drain the oil filter.. I took a 2 inch diameter, two foot piece of PVC, sliced it long ways, and it acts like a gutter to drain out the oil out the side into a container!

Interesting reading and quite the journey. I know I won't enjoy my first annual condition inspection, but I'll certainly enjoy the flying that leads to it. Still haven't flown my aircraft yet; inspection after second flight revealed some additional squawks that have been fixed. Awaiting third test flight next week. It really is a never-ending process, isn't it? I did a good job of polishing off the rust during my recurrency training; hoping I haven't gained too much more during the unexpected month that followed.

Martin,

Glad things are moving along for you. Maintenance is a part of flying. Fixing squawks a part of phase 1. On the one hand, if you fly a lot, there is a lot of maintenance to do, but on the other hand, if you fly very little, there is also a lot of maintenance to do, though the infrequent flying maintenance is often more expensive.

Back