What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st Annual Chili Cookoff & Fly-In

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
o5Q.jpg

Probably won?t be hard to find, but do you know where on the airport property this will be happening?

At the north end, park in front of the hangars where you see tie downs, you?ll be behind two large hangars oriented to the south, we?ll be setup in the east most large hangar, look for the crowd :)

We?re not sure how many to expect but we?re hoping to make this an annual event along with our 1st Annual Spring Poker Run (TBA).

Might make it down...

At the north end, park in front of the hangars where you see tie downs, you?ll be behind two large hangars oriented to the south, we?ll be setup in the east most large hangar, look for the crowd :)

We?re not sure how many to expect but we?re hoping to make this an annual event along with our 1st Annual Spring Poker Run (TBA).

I might make it down from from North TN tomorrow. If I come down is there any chance I could look at your P-mag install? Coming up on 500 hours on my plane and think I might want to go to an electronic ignition....

Good Chili, nice folks, pretty planes. All in all a good Saturday. Thanks for letting my wife and I try on your beautiful bird.

I might make it down from from North TN tomorrow. If I come down is there any chance I could look at your P-mag install? Coming up on 500 hours on my plane and think I might want to go to an electronic ignition....
Jeff, good sitting with you and your buddy and enjoying some good chili. Nice meeting you. Bill, congrats on the 🌶 win! Y?all did a great job with the whole event! Had a blast! Hit 200kts ground speed on the way home! Beautiful day for flying.

Good times...

Jeff, good sitting with you and your buddy and enjoying some good chili. Nice meeting you. Bill, congrats on the 🌶 win! Y?all did a great job with the whole event! Had a blast! Hit 200kts ground speed on the way home! Beautiful day for flying.

Jim, Great meeting you guys. What a wonderful airport and group of people there. So glad I made the trip down. Beautiful day to fly and the food was delicious. Nice work Bill!

We enjoyed ourselves and the chili was great! Definitely an event that needs to continue. Turnout seemed to be perfect for the amount of food. Thanks to all those who contributed to the event and made it happen.

Thanks for hosting this event!

I flew up from the Gulf Coast and it was worth every second. Each contestants chili was terrific but in the end I had to go with the one that ended up winning. It was a prefect day for the event too. Cool dry beautiful weather. I took a couple pics but since tiny pic is gone I don't know how to post them.

I'll be back next year!

Hey thanks everybody for coming! It was a great turnout and we'll definitely be continuing next year.

We had folks come from 3 states away, thank you.

If you like football anyone that hung around got to enjoy a game or two on the "big screen".

It was great seeing everyone!

Next year we'll have some cooking stations setup for anyone that wants to bring their chili to compete with my "World Famous" recipe :D :p

Anyone know if the chili cook off is going to be a go this year??? I'd like to put in on my calander!

it's getting to be that time. my wife made New Mexico green chili stew yesterday. pork, potato chunks, hominy, hatch green chili. she is letting it rest a day.

Back