What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Audio sound with a GoPro 10 Line in

I had some issues with the -12iS. I believe it is a ground-loop problem -- I get some noise when the GoPro is plugged into the onboard USB port (power). Its not severe as your video -- and somewhat fixable with post-production tools.

The problem goes away when the GoPro is powered by a battery pack (or by using its internal battery).. or when I disconnect the 3.5mm audio wire.

So that isolator should help. (and I'm buying myself one now too).

Last edited:
I had some issues with the -12iS. I believe it is a ground-loop problem -- I get some noise when the GoPro is plugged into the onboard USB port (power). Its not severe as your video -- and somewhat fixable with post-production tools.

The problem goes away when the GoPro is powered by a battery pack (or by using its internal battery).. or when I disconnect the 1.8mm audio wire.

So that isolator should help. (and I'm buying myself one now too).

I have the same noise problem when I plug in my gopro to my USB port in the aircraft. Battery power works fine - clean sound.

I've read what I can, but still not sure I understand what causes this, and how to avoid it (besides the filter or using a battery). I've been pretty careful about ground loops and my headset jacks are properly isolated.

The thing that I don't understand is the audio from pilot mike sounds ok and the audio that is received over the com is the problem.

My Gopro 10 is using its own battery.

The buzz is only on the Gopro, not on the headset audio.

I hope the ground loop noise isolator that Joe suggested works, I will let you know if it does.

Joe

I have the same noise problem when I plug in my gopro to my USB port in the aircraft. Battery power works fine - clean sound.

I've read what I can, but still not sure I understand what causes this, and how to avoid it (besides the filter or using a battery). I've been pretty careful about ground loops and my headset jacks are properly isolated.

Last edited:
Back