What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview RV9 Autopilot Settings?

Reaver

Well Known Member
Patron
I’m going to tune the sensitivity and gain for my Skyview autopilot soon and am wondering if someone has RV9 values that they can share as a baseline. Just flying it a bit with the default values, roll seems reasonable but pitch is “sloppy”, especially in turbulence.

Mine seems pretty good. Tonight I will go to my hangar, I will snap a picture of my settings.

Please post here. I’d be interested too.

My pitch is good, my heading is twitchy, esp as speed goes up, which seems logical. It’s ok at 120 kts, but at 145 TAS it’s twitchy. I guess I’m just curious at the range we all have.

I've played around with the settings a bit and am still not happy with them.
Dynon has a manual with the procedures for setting up the autopilot.

I used to be pretty happy with the settings, but I think at Version 16 something changed. I found my AP pitching up down in smooth air quite a bit +/- 60 feet or more.

I'll be playing with this more on the way to Oshkosh.

Bringing this back up... Just finished installing my AFS dash, complete w Dynon autopilot and pitch/roll servos. RV9A aircraft. On flight yesterday the pitch control was way off - lots of porpoising. Wonding if anyone has settings they could share of the configuration setup. Haven't gone through the setup yet (the AFS setup schematic looks like the Skyview one), but plan to do that next flight.

Here are some suggested settings Dynon sent me awhile back. The RV-9A is listed. Might be a good starting point for AP tuning.

Pitch Axis:

i-Q53v99c-L.jpg

Roll Axis:
i-NZzQwnQ-M.jpg

Link to Dynon's current Autopilot In-Flight Tuning Guide (Rev D, 9/8/2022). For Skyview Software Version 16.4 and AFS Software Version Vx16.10.

Last edited:
Back