What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 7A down AZ

Bruce

Well Known Member
Friend
Pilot dies after small plane crashes near Kingman
Arizona Republic staff
Sun, February 20, 2022, 10:59 PM
Aftermath of the deadly wreck just outside of Kingman.
Aftermath of the deadly wreck just outside of Kingman.
One man died when his small plane crashed Saturday near Kingman, local and federal officials said.

Officials initially identified the plane as a Cessna, but a federal aviation official said Sunday that the aircraft was a Van's RV-7A, a smaller, kit-built airplane.

The plane crashed into the desert about 1:35 p.m. Saturday while approaching Triangle Airpark, according to Eric Weiss of the National Transportation Safety Board.

The only person aboard the aircraft died at the scene. The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office identified that person as Richard Dennis Moynihan, 73, of Boulder City, Nevada.

According to federal aircraft registration records, Moynihan owns an RV-7A with a certification issued in February 2019.

Federal officials will investigate the crash, and a preliminary report is expected in about two weeks.

Last track log from Flightaware

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 449
I had a close friend call me yesterday and ask if I heard anything about this plane crash. He used to fly the the airlines with him. Experience was not a issue on this one. Rip and condolences to the family

I have never landed at Triangle but have driven past there many times. It is not "near Kingman". It is closer to Boulder City. It is a residential airpark, owner is listed as airpark association. Business address is Bullhead City.
Nice looking 3900 x 50 paved runway with dirt crosswind runway.

Back