Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > The RV Grin
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2021, 07:59 PM

Default Just got my first RV Grin, thanks to RV8iator: updated

I contacted him through this site and asked if I could bring my wife and look at the plane, since I was planting the seed that WE needed a plane to buzz around the South East visiting our kids. One of my twin sons, my bride, and I show up at the hangar and get the full tour of a beautiful RV-8, and then get offered a ride. Not being one to turn down a ride, we coaxed the bride into taking the first trip. Ajax and a wire brush could not have wiped the smile off her face. Let’s just say that the ride home was filled with her gushing about how much she loved it, and that it was so much nicer than the C172 that my son uses when he teaches at the flight school in Jax. I agreed, but also reminded her that she was riding along with a pilot that made it look easy
Jerry was fantastic, and both he and his hangar mate George were nothing but encouraging about our quest for our own plane. All I can say is, thank you gentlemen. I hope to join the rest of you as an RV owner in the near future.

Last edited by VANDawg : 08-15-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:28 PM

Angry Lots of fun

It was great to get to put faces with names and visit with you and your family. Follow the dream and what a wonderful opportunity for you and Matt to share the gift of flight. If you choose the RV path I can assure you that you will be joining a great community and it will open up paths you never imagined..

I really enjoyed the day..

VAF #818
Saint Simons Island, GA. KSSI
PIF 2007 - 2022

I just wish I could afford to live the way I do
Old 04-27-2021, 06:36 AM

Default RV Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANDawg View Post
I contacted him through this site and asked if I could bring my wife and look at the plane, since I was planting the seed that WE needed a plane to buzz around the South East visiting our kids. One of my twin sons, my bride, and I show up at the hangar and get the full tour of a beautiful RV-8, and then get offered a ride. Not being one to turn down a ride, we coaxed the bride into taking the first trip. Ajax and a wire brush could not have wiped the smile off her face. Let’s just say that the ride home was filled with her gushing about how much she loved it, and that it was so much nicer than the C172 that my son uses when he teaches at the flight school in Jax. I agreed, but also reminded her that she was riding along with a pilot that made it look easy
Jerry was fantastic, and both he and his hangar mate George were nothing but encouraging about our quest for our own plane. All I can say is, thank you gentlemen. I hope to join the rest of you as an RV owner in the near future.

Aubrey,

Welcome to the RV world. I am SURE you must have some pictures to share with the VAF gang. I had that same RV grin right after I got a ride in an RV-4. I had never even seen an RV and right there on the ramp when I parked to get the $100 hamburger was a red, white and blue RV-4. As they say her on the forum- it was the most expensive ride I ever got. I promptly sold the 140 and the rest is history.

So are you getting a flying RV or did you order a kit yet? You know you want one. Now don’t forget Those Pictures!

Welcome!!

Last edited by olyolson : 04-27-2021 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:13 AM

Default Free rides are the most expensive

Welcome to the club, but watch out for those rides, they cost the most! My first free ride was in a Christian Eagle, cost me a Pitts. Next free ride was in an RV7, cost me a RV6. If only I could get a ride in a Staggerwing... Na, bad idea

2020 Dues Paid!

RV6 - N6014Y - Flying
Pitts S2B - 245JH - Sold
CFI - Acro in the 6 Rocks!
StopFlyingScared.com
Old 04-27-2021, 03:48 PM

Default Tom Stafford Museum

My “free ride” in a friend’s RV7A to the Tom Stafford Museum in Weatherford, OK (located on the airport) cost me the price of my own RV7A. These dang grins are expensive! However it beats sitting around and growing old wishing there was something fun to do!

BTW, the museum is definitely a RV worthy destination! Plan on spending at least three hours there (and that’s not near enough).
Superior XPIO-360, Hartzel CS prop, Dual GRT Horizon EX with ARINC, EIS, Garmin 340, 335 w/WAAS gps, Dual 430s (non-WAAS), TruTrak 385 A/P with auto-level & auto-trim, Tosten 6 button Military Grips, FlightBox wired to EX, Dynon D10A w/battery backup, 406 MHz ELT. Custom Interior, New TS Flightline hoses, Great POH!
Retired - Living the dream - going broke!
Old 04-28-2021, 11:07 PM

Default No idea how to post pics here, but I promised RV8iator I wouldn’t share the ones

That I took. And yes, when my wife got out of the plane and said “ that was awesome, we need one of those”, my heart skipped a beat. Good looking, smart, sweet southern lady that wants an airplane.... sounds like the perfect woman to me. And So the quest begins.......
Old 04-30-2021, 08:08 AM

Default It worked for me

My story is similar, however my then girlfriend had never been in a small plane. My RV-4 however was just ready for its first flight, and all she could do was watch for 40 hrs until I finished my fly-off time. As my first passenger, she immediately was hooked, and the rest is history. The RV became our choice of chapel in witch we married at a mile high. The grin lives on after every flight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Just married.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	11022